RC Champion

E Revo 2.0 shock upgrades?

How worth it is it to upgrade to the Traxxas TRA5460x. These are the Hard Anodized, teflon coated w the TIN shafts. They worth the $70 bucks? Thinking about pulling the trigger on them. Thoughts on them?
    ABMods 3.3 Revo PE
    Jato 3.3
    Futaba 3PM

RC Racer
    I’ve upgraded if they are an upgrade!

Thing is I won’t know as I never ran the stock ones, I stripped lots of the new parts off mine and sold as new to buy better (given the shocks are an unknown) but take these, the wheels and the stock servos, on eBay I got a decent price for then it covered pretty much half the cost of the upgrade.

The motor and ESC worked out the best as it only cost me 100 for the MX/1515 combo.

RC poster
    I purchased a new set on ebay for $30. They are brand new Take offs from Revo 3.3 assembled w/springs. Item # 122039736202. Haven't installed them on my Erevo 2.0 yet but for the price...

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

RC Champion
    Dang killer buy. Ill have to see if I can find some...much cheaper then $70!

Thank you so much G8eraid! I just ordered some from that same seller. You saved me $40! Super awesome my friend and thanks for the info again!!!
    Last edited by RICK DIZZLE; 06-16-2019 at 10:10 PM.
    ABMods 3.3 Revo PE
    Jato 3.3
    Futaba 3PM

RC Competitor
    I got a set for under $20 shipped, removed from a brand new Slayer 3.3. A popular ebayer/website has them for~ $12.75 + shipping when available. Just have to remove the bump stops from inside the shock & place them on the outer section of the shafts & swap over the Revo pistons/ springs or whatever you're running. Well worth it imo.
    Not sure if I can mention the website on this forum.
    Last edited by MT79; 06-17-2019 at 01:12 AM.
    Slash Nitro
    Slash 4x4
    E-Revo 2.0

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by MT79 View Post
    I got a set for under $20 shipped, removed from a brand new Slayer 3.3. A popular ebayer/website has them for~ $12.75 + shipping when available. Just have to remove the bump stops from inside the shock & place them on the outer section of the shafts & swap over the Revo pistons/ springs or whatever you're running. Well worth it imo.
    Not sure if I can mention the website on this forum.
    Dang good deal. I like the ones off the 3.3 Revo as they should be a direct fit, TIN shafts and all. Ill be putting my VDP kit from my current shocks into the new ones.
    ABMods 3.3 Revo PE
    Jato 3.3
    Futaba 3PM

RC Competitor
    I did find the shock ends were a little beefier in person on the E-Revo vs the Slayer Pro 3.3 even though the exploded view looked identical. Good luck!
    Slash Nitro
    Slash 4x4
    E-Revo 2.0

RC Champion
    I did find the shock ends were a little beefier in person on the E-Revo vs the Slayer Pro 3.3 even though the exploded view looked identical. Good luck!
    Thanks MT79. Ill keep you guys posted when they arrive. If push comes to shove, ill swap ends. Great to know to look out for!
    ABMods 3.3 Revo PE
    Jato 3.3
    Futaba 3PM

RC Enthusiast
    Just got a set of 2.0 shocks for my revo 3.3. 33 bucks off ebay! Shock ends are beefier vs the 3.3's.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

RC Champion
    New shocks came today and they truly were the upgraded GTRs with teflon bodies and TIN shafts...dude even sent a couple pairs of springs...killer deal! MT79 was 100% correct that these came with less "beefier" rod ends. Since I had to pull me VDR kit I installed out of my original 2.0 shocks, I just switched ends over. Came out dope! Thanks again for the solid push in the right direction.
    ABMods 3.3 Revo PE
    Jato 3.3
    Futaba 3PM