RC poster

esc wire melting?

Hi all
    New to the forum. I have two 4x4s with the vxl3s system. One the power wires are fine,however the other has a power lead that apears to be breaking apart /melting. . I don't know. I checked everything over and there was no possible way the wire rubbed on anything so I'm confused as to what's happening to this one lead. Question is, do these systems have a tendency to melt cables ? The one I refer to is about a inch from the actual esc.

2 slash 4x4s
    Vxl3s 2s Lipo

Deenah

PIC HERE

http://tinypic.com/r/a4ykis/9
    Last edited by dstclaire; 06-16-2019 at 06:36 PM.

RC Racer
    A picture would help us identify what caused it. It could be melted or it could have warn down from something rubbing on it.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

WELCOME TO THE FORUMS!!!

That just looks like that silicone wire has a little dry-rot, or excessive bending at that spot, and really doesn't look like it melted. Recommend putting a piece of heat shrink over it and calling it good. If you do any kind of running in water, recommend making it marine heat shrink.
    Submarine Qualified, Chief Inducted, Navy Retired

Agree, shrink tubing would be best, but I have also used "Liquid Electrical tape" and had good results as well.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Looks like it tore due to bending it a lot right there or it rubbing against a sharp edge

Quote Originally Posted by NitroBugg View Post
    Agree, shrink tubing would be best, but I have also used "Liquid Electrical tape" and had good results as well.
    I agree with you! I have had great success with liquid electrical tape. It's a quick easy fix!
    Member of the 10,000 + posts club! Here to help!

RC poster
    Thanks for the reply's guys ! I'll have to locate some shrink tube. I taped it for now, the truck is so much fun to drive I couldn't wait.