RC Enthusiast

Revo 2.0 pinion & spur

Hello ladies and gents! If I could get some help it would be greatly appreciated. Looking at this box for my new purchases revo 2.0 and the recommended pinion/spur is 18/46 for greater speed...on the traxxas website when searching these parts nor on the box does it explain pitch....on traxxas website there are some options with different pitch...for the 65mph or greater opinion and spur which pitch gears should I be looking at? Thanks for any help you fine folks deliver!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by midnightrevo40 View Post
    Hello ladies and gents! If I could get some help it would be greatly appreciated. Looking at this box for my new purchases revo 2.0 and the recommended pinion/spur is 18/46 for greater speed...on the traxxas website when searching these parts nor on the box does it explain pitch....on traxxas website there are some options with different pitch...for the 65mph or greater opinion and spur which pitch gears should I be looking at? Thanks for any help you fine folks deliver!

Revo runs mod 1 gears. Yes 18/46 will be faster, but watch temps. That's tall gearing for sustained running on the stock electronics.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by nickruger View Post
    Revo runs mod 1 gears. Yes 18/46 will be faster, but watch temps. That's tall gearing for sustained running on the stock electronics.

I haven't read anything from the box or the manual yet but what is the stock hearing right out the box?

RC Champion
    15/54 is stock gearing out of the box. A big help for you as you learn will be to download the manual from the Traxxas site. A lot of great information in it.
    ABMods 3.3 Revo PE
    Jato 3.3
    Futaba 3PM

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by RICK DIZZLE View Post
    15/54 is stock gearing out of the box. A big help for you as you learn will be to download the manual from the Traxxas site. A lot of great information in it.
    Thanks...does it speak on pitch of the gears at all?

Quote Originally Posted by midnightrevo40 View Post
    Thanks...does it speak on pitch of the gears at all?

Mod 1 is the gear pitch.

RC Enthusiast
    Yeah Module pitch is the measurement of the gear pitch in metric units rather than the older, more common standard units such as 48 or 64 pitch. To compare, mod 1 pitch would be equivalent to a standard pitch of 25.3995 so it's a fairly bit tooth. Here is a chart...
    https://www.engineersedge.com/gear_pitch_chart.htm

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by wghowe1 View Post
    Yeah Module pitch is the measurement of the gear pitch in metric units rather than the older, more common standard units such as 48 or 64 pitch. To compare, mod 1 pitch would be equivalent to a standard pitch of 25.3995 so it's a fairly bit tooth. Here is a chart...
    https://www.engineersedge.com/gear_pitch_chart.htm
    Thanks guys! I'm all in now and all set...