RC Competitor

T-Bone Front Bumpers: Maxximus (2019) or XV4?

I like T-bone products. I have them on all of my RC's. I just bought an X-Maxx roller to mod. Which of the 2 current front bumper products do you think provides more protection: Maxximus (2019) or XV4?
    Sent from one of my transmitters.

Accepting requests for bashing at GREENWOOD BASHPLEX in Pittsburgh PA!! Check the thread in the track buddy forum and reply there or pm
    I did not like the xv4 design as it seemed to be just a cover over the stock bumper. So decided I was not interested. Just looked silly to me.

Looking at the maxximus version now, I see this version replaces the ft bumper. I like the design much much better... And, it's 5$ cheaper... I vote for the maxximus design all the way.
    Ya can't polish fertilizer...

RC Racer
    Rag6 1+

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by rag6 View Post
    I did not like the xv4 design as it seemed to be just a cover over the stock bumper. So decided I was not interested. Just looked silly to me.

Looking at the maxximus version now, I see this version replaces the ft bumper. I like the design much much better... And, it's 5$ cheaper... I vote for the maxximus design all the way.
    Quote Originally Posted by Overpowerxmaxx View Post
    Rag6 1+

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Thank you! I appreciate the feedback! I was already leaning that way myself since most of my other trucks have bumpers from T-bone that look like the Maxximus.
    Sent from one of my transmitters.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by MailManX View Post
    Thank you! I appreciate the feedback! I was already leaning that way myself since most of my other trucks have bumpers from T-bone that look like the Maxximus.
    I dunno if I like ether one, the Maxximus has the support bar that will transfer energy to your front diff case.
    I would rather have the front bumper crack rather than send impact energy to the diff case and have that crack.

bumpers are easy and cheap to replace.
    and if the bumper crack in a crash you can still run the rest of your battery out. if you diff cover cracks, they you get dirt in there and have to stop.

I don't think they offer any "more" protection then the stock setup. its more about looks I think.

Accepting requests for bashing at GREENWOOD BASHPLEX in Pittsburgh PA!! Check the thread in the track buddy forum and reply there or pm
    The tbone bumper material is softer and more flexible than stock. It should absorb more force than the stiff stock bumper.
    Ya can't polish fertilizer...