Thread: Slash gearing

RC Competitor

Slash gearing

Out of the box the Slash is pretty fast, at least to me it is. With the optional set of gears that comes with it, how much faster will they make it?

RC Competitor
    It will give you a couple of miles an hour. Are you running the vxl or the brushed motor? And what battery are you using? If you are going to use the optional "speed gearing" that's included in the box for bashing, just make sure you keep an eye on the temps of the motor and electronics. The optional gears are more for speed then they are for bashing or off roading.
    Slash 2wd
    Chase9Elliott
    Brett"theJet"Hearn

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by Junior3815 View Post
    It will give you a couple of miles an hour. Are you running the vxl or the brushed motor? And what battery are you using? If you are going to use the optional "speed gearing" that's included in the box for bashing, just make sure you keep an eye on the temps of the motor and electronics. The optional gears are more for speed then they are for bashing or off roading.
    The truck is all stock right now. I was just curious how much faster it would be. to me the gearing it comes with is fast enough really. Its a blast to mess around with and takes a reasonable beating.

If you are running the brushed model (XL5), you can expect speeds just above 30mph with the optional gearing. If you are running the brushless model (VXL), you can expect speeds above 40mph with the optional gearing.

The optional gearing is intended just for speed runs, Traxxas does not recommend leaving the optional gearing in for 'normal' running.
    Submarine Qualified, Chief Inducted, Navy Retired

RC poster
    I bought a slash about a week ago as my first rc and was wondering the same thing so after work today I switched it out as recommended its not for bashing but I did and it's not worth it even on black top it didn't make to much more. Plus its a lot more tighter feeling in the throttle if that makes sense and it also killed my battery in twice the time and motor burnt me so I'm already looking into brushless haha