RC Racer

Running cooling fans

If I want to run 2x 8.4 fans how would you advise best to wire them?

Running 6S so even working series direct from the batteries will have them seeing 11.1v

Iím using a MX so aware it has a decent BEC but not sure if thereís any limitation with me using the stock Traxxas receiver.

RC Champion
    What up good sir! For me I am running two of the Yeah Racing Fans. I wired the two together and opted to run a small 2s Lipo that they plug into. I strap that lipo to my aluminum rear chassis brace. This means I can run the fans with the truck turned off as they are on their own circuit and I have zero draw from my ESC for my speed runs. My esc only powers the motor and my single Savox servo and my rx. Been working for me great thus far. You just wont get the voltage your seeking...as a 2s runs at 7.4v. I want to say that the RX is only rated at 6v and pulling anything more through it then that could toast it. I read it on here somewhere and am trying to find where....

This is what I run. However I upgraded to the aluminum housing fans as they are much quieter.

https://www.amainhobbies.com/yeah-ra...0261bk/p491090
    Last edited by RICK DIZZLE; 06-18-2019 at 01:12 PM.
    ABMods 3.3 Revo PE
    Jato 3.3
    Futaba 3PM

RC Racer
    Right that’s makes sense, guess you run them in parallel then?

I have R1 fans here.

RC Champion
    Yes that's correct. I literally just made a Y connection tying the fans together positive to positive and negative to negative then hooked up positive lead to my plug to the two positive and negative from the plug to two negatives. Works perfect.
    ABMods 3.3 Revo PE
    Jato 3.3
    Futaba 3PM

RC Racer
    Rick,

Just to add I’m not overly fussed about running them at 6v due to the stock RX more the amp load if I ran 2-3 off it, I know the MX is capable but wasn’t sure about the RX (if that makes sense)

RC Champion
    That's a solid question. I unfortunately can not speak to amp loads on the Rx. That my friend is above my knowledge level.
    ABMods 3.3 Revo PE
    Jato 3.3
    Futaba 3PM

RC Racer
    Iím going to run the fans and shroud mounted on top of the RX so the shrouds guide the airflow over the whole length of the motor.

I do have a third one which I could replace the stock MX one with (does require a little modification)