RC poster

Bandit VXL Tire size

I'm considering picking up a Bandit VXL. I've been advised against it since i already have a Slash 4x4 Platinum, but i can't help loving the look of the Bandit. Especially without the wing and with bigger tires. :-)
    Which brings me to my question, the tires. Is it possible to put a pair of big tires (thinking 2.8) just in the back? Or will it cause problems like overheating, strearing problems or something?
    I don't want a complete Monster Bandit, just bigger tires in the back for a more aggressive look.

RC Racer
    Yes, it is possible to put tires in the back, but you will need either Traxxas p/n 1654 or 3654. the difference between the 2 is that 3654 is wider and will make your back end wider as well. you might want to consider using 2.2 tires in the back, so you don't have different rim diameters. I'm guessing that you will be bashing your bandit and not racing? Will it be on-road or off-road? I'm asking this so you can get a tire recommendation.

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Is_It_Broken? View Post
    Yes, it is possible to put tires in the back, but you will need either Traxxas p/n 1654 or 3654. the difference between the 2 is that 3654 is wider and will make your back end wider as well. you might want to consider using 2.2 tires in the back, so you don't have different rim diameters. I'm guessing that you will be bashing your bandit and not racing? Will it be on-road or off-road? I'm asking this so you can get a tire recommendation.
    Ah i see, thanks! Very good to know, will pick up the hubs when i get the car. I'm very much a newbie when it comes to RC, never thought of the hubs.
    Yeah it's for bashing, mostly light offroad offroad stuff. Is 2.2 the stock size for the Bandit? How will different rim diameters affect the car?

My inspiration is something kinda like this, but maybe with slightly larger front wheels. If it's even possible.