RC Competitor

Making bodys!! Any Ideas?

So got tired of hunting and decided its time to make my own bodies for a test i made a mold for the original 2.0 shell, Now I think its time to convert the old Tmaxx shell to a clipless mount with half external roll cage and lose that wing and truggy look. Here is my first cast attempt and my concept for the Tmaxx shell actually on my erevo minus some personal customization. Thoughts and opinions would be awesome!

Sent from my SM-T827R4 using Tapatalk

RC poster
    I really like the top picture. That looks really cool

RC Racer
    You're making me want to spend money!

Nice job!

RC Champion
    Dude! Molding your own bodies is legit. I think the molded 2.0 shell looks amazing. I really like the look of the TMaxx body on the E Revo. In my opinion and solely that, I don't like the look of the exposed roll cage in the back for the locking system. Looks goofy with all that exposed, but dont see another way. If we can find ways to use the clipless system with truck bodies, that will be awesome.
    I appreciate and respect people that try new things...so keep going and show us what you come up with. That is what is awesome with this hobby...we all can have our own tastes and likes!
    ABMods 3.3 Revo PE
    Jato 3.3
    Futaba 3PM

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by RICK DIZZLE View Post
    Dude! Molding your own bodies is legit. I think the molded 2.0 shell looks amazing. I really like the look of the TMaxx body on the E Revo. In my opinion and solely that, I don't like the look of the exposed roll cage in the back for the locking system. Looks goofy with all that exposed, but dont see another way. If we can find ways to use the clipless system with truck bodies, that will be awesome.
    I appreciate and respect people that try new things...so keep going and show us what you come up with. That is what is awesome with this hobby...we all can have our own tastes and likes!
    So with the Tmaxx shell it isnt properly fitted to my cage I intend on putting all the mounting stuff underneath as it should be in the long run the only exposed parts on a completely fitted shell will be the connetcting bars from cab to bed kinda like a headache rack, it'll also have a slightly extended cab to accommodate the remainder of the top mounts

(Edit) I literally through the cage on the shell to give an idea of appearance no cuts or fitting at all was done yet beyond the cuts i made to originally fit the shell on my 2.5 Revo haha.

(Second edit) Haha ok so i was ogling the tmaxx shell and decided ill make a mock up of it before i cast it to throw on here and see what everyone thinks.
    Last edited by Xzinten; 06-18-2019 at 04:51 PM.

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Xzinten View Post
    So with the Tmaxx shell it isnt properly fitted to my cage I intend on putting all the mounting stuff underneath as it should be in the long run the only exposed parts on a completely fitted shell will be the connetcting bars from cab to bed kinda like a headache rack, it'll also have a slightly extended cab to accommodate the remainder of the top mounts

(Edit) I literally through the cage on the shell to give an idea of appearance no cuts or fitting at all was done yet beyond the cuts i made to originally fit the shell on my 2.5 Revo haha.

(Second edit) Haha ok so i was ogling the tmaxx shell and decided ill make a mock up of it before i cast it to throw on here and see what everyone thinks.
    Gotcha! Makes perfect sense!!!
    ABMods 3.3 Revo PE
    Jato 3.3
    Futaba 3PM

RC Competitor
    Upon some inspection just for sh*ts and giggles i think im going to modify a Tmaxx mold to fit a SUV style as well, my body sheets are something like 8 days out and im quite the restless type so by the time Ive got the remaining supplies to complete my first body and know my process is working properly ill have a few concepts sketched out, I may very well hand sculpt the bed/rear cab part from a rough mold and attach it to the Tmaxx front Ill do my best to keep this thread updated as I go.

P.s. If anyone knows of a good plastics supplier that wont cost my remaining limbs in shipping leave a link please! As this is the most difficult and expensive part of this project and lets be honest waiting for the mail is the worst part of any hobby haha (although the excitement of that package showing up is equally and oppositely comparable).

RC Competitor
    Upon the first couple attempts i failed as expected but with my third i finally got this! A few wrinkles but when doing it by hand practice makes perfect i guess lol its hard to see without paint but here we go

RC Competitor
    First shell painted up wrinkles and all doesn't look as bad as I thought it would

RC poster
    Pretty neat
    E-Revo 2.0
    E-Revo VXL Brushless 1/16

RC poster
    That Bottom Picure of the T-Max Look So Good

-Good Job

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by LilKidVid View Post
    That Bottom Picure of the T-Max Look So Good

-Good Job

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I figured out the mounting and rack system of that Tmaxx shell today to hide that nasty lock i think i need to fab a few parts first

RC poster
    Nice job, it looks good.

RC Competitor
    Well here's the mod everybody was wanting to see I've got some touch-ups to do before I actually make a mold for the body but here's the concept T Revo 2.0 MK1 I don't know by the way here she is all mocked up and clipless converted

Quote Originally Posted by Xzinten View Post
    Well here's the mod everybody was wanting to see I've got some touch-ups to do before I actually make a mold for the body but here's the concept T Revo 2.0 MK1 I don't know by the way here she is all mocked up and clipless converted

That actually looks pretty sweet. Very nice job.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk