RC Racer

Will Traxxas ever sell a race buggy?

I have recently looked into Xray XB4 and Team Associated RC10B4 race buggies. They are pretty nice machines with all of the crazy engineering and materials to drool over, and they look like a blast to drive and race. Tamiya used to make similar machines (TRF501, TRF503), but I have not found anything by Traxxas that is close. Maybe because the racer market is such a small market? I am talking about ROAR and IFMAR racing.

I would love to see a Traxxas-engineered racer to compete against these other brands. Will they ever do it? Could any of their existing models be used as a starting point to make a racing buggy that could be competitive against these other brands?

RC poster
    I know they could ln d if they wanted to. Personally I think they enjoy the basher or the fun market they are in. With having a competitive platform for racing these must be reengineered and improved constantly with also having a race team and competitive drivers and all that goes with it.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

RC Racer
    They've been doing so many cool well engineered new products that it just seems like they could really nail it if they wanted to . I'd love to see it. Besides, these buggies make pretty fun machines for just backyard racing, so seems like they could do a platform and then offer all of the hop-up accessories to make it competitive against the current market leaders.

Traxxas has done so much in all of the major RC entertainment markets, I think racing is one of the only spaces left for them to grow into.

RC poster
    What you said is true they do a wonderful job with all genres of rc to dedicate engineers just for race would seem to take away from their core group and loyal fanbase.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

RC Racer
    I suppose. It would be fun though, to take a Traxxas buggy and challenge some of the status quo, you know?