Thread: Lowering a UDR

RC Racer

Lowering a UDR

Now donít chase me off with sticks as I fully understand it kills the point but can the UDR be lowered and if so how much with still being drivable?

Just a project idea I have in mind!

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by SC11 View Post
    Now donít chase me off with sticks as I fully understand it kills the point but can the UDR be lowered and if so how much with still being drivable?

Just a project idea I have in mind!
    Are you gonna run stock tires......or something more street?

RC Racer
    More street orientated but aware the Slash can run a similar look and ride height for what I’m after however the UDR does look better but not sure on its limitations with ride height.

Colton, Inland Empire, Southern California
    i added a few spacers to the inside my UDR shocks and Dampeners. This was done to reduce the droop, or how far the suspension can drop when the vehicle is in the air.

I reduced the droop on my udr by half inch front and back. it was my attempt to save drive yokes and rear driveshafts. I recently have removed 1/4 inch of the spacers, in the front, and have some better drivability. Half inch of limited made driving way better, jumping was horrible. nose dive on every jump lol.

It works really good for flat driving tho. For a onroad setup, I only limited the droop in the rear by flipping the limiting straps on the rear. I used 17mm Ofna/Hoboa Wheels and Tires, on modified hexes. (before people released official udr 17mm hexes)

udr is a great on-road vehicle. I modified mine to accept hardbodies. I like drifting with it.

Sla2hvxl,pe4evxl,erevobl
    "Richard Chilson"youtube

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by fourdub View Post
    i added a few spacers to the inside my UDR shocks and Dampeners. This was done to reduce the droop, or how far the suspension can drop when the vehicle is in the air.

I reduced the droop on my udr by half inch front and back. it was my attempt to save drive yokes and rear driveshafts. I recently have removed 1/4 inch of the spacers, in the front, and have some better drivability. Half inch of limited made driving way better, jumping was horrible. nose dive on every jump lol.

It works really good for flat driving tho. For a onroad setup, I only limited the droop in the rear by flipping the limiting straps on the rear. I used 17mm Ofna/Hoboa Wheels and Tires, on modified hexes. (before people released official udr 17mm hexes)

udr is a great on-road vehicle. I modified mine to accept hardbodies. I like drifting with it.

How did you mount those rims.....