RC Enthusiast

First real mod: Servo=success

hey all the 2075x was just not cutting it. it was getting hot, browning out on the rocks, and also didn't really center that great. so i bought a solar d772. so far it is just running in stock configuration no external bec, and it is a world of difference. I wanted a traxxas 400oz, but needing a bec and the cost, i just couldn't at this time. It has tons of power, centers very well, and so far, hasn't browned anything out. It isnt waterproof, but i have more basher trucks for that duty.
    For the haters i have a d771 in my slash that is running 7 years strong (it is super, super noisy), and is still super fast and centers perfectly.

p.s. we use a 772 in my brothers emaxx as well as my trx and both of the newer models are whisper quiet. i guess they fixed that noise issue.

Just wanted to share.
    Last edited by patmanz28; 06-19-2019 at 04:25 PM.

Great to hear it is doing well for you!

You REALLY want to consider a BEC with that servo if you are running the XL5-HV. At 360oz, if that servo gets bound up on the rocks it could easily draw more than 1A causing your ESC to fail.
    Submarine Qualified, Chief Inducted, Navy Retired

RC Racer
    Ditto...I have seen it happen recently.

RC Enthusiast
    I don't really like the esc anyways. I have been running wp1060 with a HH 550 21t sport, and they both barely get warm. when this esc or motor goes im probably going to put one of those in here. the startup on the xl5 and 21tr aren't the best. I do appreciate that you guys try to look out for the newer of us.