RC Competitor

X-Maxx Motor Mount Advice

I want to run one of my existing large scale motors in my new (used) X-Maxx. Of the after market mounts available, are there any that are proven performers? Fastlane machine says theirs is the only one guaranteed to have a perfect 90-degree angle. That sounds great, but I suspect there are other great mounts available, too. If you personally use one and like it, I'd love to hear about it. A high priority to me is ease of mesh adjustment. THANKS!
    Sent from one of my transmitters.

I don't know if you can get them anymore, but I have a Kershaw motor mount. I've been very happy with it. When I got it, it along with the ESC mount, they were 40 bucks for both. One thing you should know, though, and that is if you do go to a motor mount (rather than the pin setup) it will be (by nature) harder to set up and tighten down. The secret to making a Xmaxx motor mount a lot easier to work with is by making a special 3mm (I think it's 3mm) hex key. It's easy to do, and all you do is shorten the short end of the hex key to about 3/16ths of an inch. That way it fits between the gear and the motor mount screws.

The part of my ESC mount that kame from Kershaw is the part that my ESC is actually resting on. The other part I made to make it a stronger mount, and to make it modular.

I also use this ESC mount for holding my antenna. It's an easy mod to do.
    The ReglarGuy is kid tested and father approved.

I have a B and M racing motor mount and it seems pretty decent. My truck doesn't have a ton of run time but so far so good. Mesh is easy. There is plenty of room to get a small wrench between the mount and the pinion to tighten things down.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

RC Enthusiast
    Kershaw was the best. God rest his soul. Poseidon are very nice and available.
    2-REVo 3.3
    1 summit
    2-XMAXX
    And many others

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Kershaw owner and fan here.

Somehow builds are never done....

RC Competitor
    Thank you all for the input. It was a sad day when Dan Kershaw died. I'm sure he's modifying RC's for heavenly racing. I will check into Poseidon and B&M Racing. Thank you, RegularGuy, for the info on modifying a 3mm hex key. Pieces of cake!
    Sent from one of my transmitters.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by MailManX View Post
    Thank you all for the input. It was a sad day when Dan Kershaw died. I'm sure he's modifying RC's for heavenly racing. I will check into Poseidon and B&M Racing. Thank you, RegularGuy, for the info on modifying a 3mm hex key. Pieces of cake!
    Genuinely gutted to find out he died, never really agreed with his business practices, but he did push the envelope a little with RC

RC Racer
    I also picked up the B and M racing mount. Its well machined. It fits like a glove.