RC poster

Slash 4x4 Velineon Upgrade Help.

Hello, I have recently purchased a Slash 4x4 Brushed with a titan 12t 550 motor and xl-5 esc. I only have around a $100 to purchase a velineon system. I want a reliable system that will stay cool but bring out some nice power. I went to my nearest track a week ago and couldn't make it over any of the jumps.

Can anyone help me. I would like a nicer motor and esc plus any tips you are willing to give to me. I have recently started RC's and would like to continue.

Thanks in advance!!

Id recommend the castle sct combo. Its a great system thatll run cool and fast. You can fimd it for around $110 at several places and could get it cheaper if you can find a discount or 2.
    its not fun until something breaks

RC Enthusiast
    If you're sticking with 2S batteries, Hobbywings max 10 SCT combo 3660 can size 4000 KV is a beast. It doesn't get hot and you'll be making jumps you never could before.

Welcome to the forum and the addiction! You are among a group of people who share the love of the Traxxas Slash 4x4! If you have any questions please feel free to ask. Remember we are here to help!

I would stay away from anything that has the Sidewinder 3 esc. It isn't really powerful enough for the Slash 4x4.
    Member of the 10,000 + posts club! Here to help!