RC Competitor

Question Rustler VXL 2WD tires

Hey everyone. Looking to pickup some new wheels all the way around for the rustler VXL 2wd. I thought I had asked about tires before but I canít find the thread? So I apologize for making another. What do you all recommend for good all rounder tires for the rustler VXL. Should I look at Trenchers 2.8 LP, Talon EXT tires? I like the Talon EXT tires I have on my rustler 4x4, they seem to have good grip on all surfaces and they have been holding up well. What are your thoughts?

RC Racer
    Iíve ran the proline dirt hawgs on/off road.....pulled 76 on road easily with them (highly recommend)

Trenchers are fine too for all-around

I cycle between the dirt hawgs, anacondas, GRP, and Jacoóó-depends on what mine is doing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RC Competitor
    I’m 75% off road bashing, but I do walk to my bashing spot and I run my rc cars on my way there on 2s, I save the 3s for all the fun when I get to where I’m going. So mainly looking for something great off road but will perform good on road too for when I do my walks. I suppose it would have been helpful if I mentioned that the first time

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Look at Trencher SCís

Somehow builds are never done....

RC Competitor
    What do you think about duratrax tires? Have you tried them before?

RC Competitor
    My experience (mostly driving 2S):

- Dirt Hawgs: good for on-road and light off-road. The thread pattern doesn't give the grip real off-road tires give. I wouldn't buy them again.
    - Trencher: very good, i have them on my Slash 4x4. Don't know if the thread will survive high speed on-road racing, but otherwise I think they handle both surfaces great.
    - Duratrax / Louise : i use Louise Pioneer ST-tires (same as Duratrax Lockup) front and rear for off-road driving. The thread is very similar to the trenchers. Don't know how they would hold on-road. I like'm very much and they cost way less then proline tires.

Proline recently launched new LP (Low Profile) 2.8 tires (including trenchers). I would consider these.
    The regular 2.8 trenchers are larger (more for Stampede).

I would start by swapping the tires of your 4x4 rustler to your 2wd.

RC Qualifier
    proline 2.2 sand paws on rpm wheel, taped , they last forever and work everywhere , i have 3 sets, they don’t balloon even on 4s, they are great in grass , sand , soft dirt...

RC Competitor
    Thanks for the recommendations. I’ll take a look at what you all mentioned and pick some up next Friday.