RC Competitor

Low voltage Stage 1

Hi,
    I've noticed my X-Maxx 8s is skipping stage 1 of the low voltage protection and just jump straight to stage 2 and shuts down.
    Also to this some of the cells have been drained past the safe voltage level when I go to charge my batteries.

Why is this skipping stage one and not going into limp mode?

Can this be adjusted or is these lvp voltages set from factory?
    I thought the app might have this option but I can't find anything.

Thanks,
    Martin

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk
    Getting back into the RC game after 10 years!

If I understand you correctly, your wanting to know why your Xmaxx doesn't drop to 50% power when you get to your LVC (which you're calling stage 1), and then cut completely out (which you're calling stage 2).

If that's what you're asking, I only see that with my heliflopters and boats. What I have always seen with my land RC's is full power, then a slight dip in power, and then shut off. I'm not saying that the ESC you're describing doesn't exist for a land RC, but I've never seen one used on any of the land ESC's I've gotten from Traxxas, Castle, Leopard or Fuze.
    Last edited by ReglarGuy; 06-23-2019 at 02:06 AM.
    The ReglarGuy is kid tested and father approved.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Traxxas gear does that. My castle gear also pulses when batteries are getting low. Iíd bet when your asking for too much than your batteries can give, they dip too low and it just cuts off. Iíd call traxxas to verify though.

Somehow builds are never done....

Quote Originally Posted by Gripdog7205 View Post
    Traxxas gear does that. My castle gear also pulses when batteries are getting low.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gripdog7205 View Post
    I’d call traxxas to verify though.
    Yes, I'd call Traxxas too. Something crazy is going on here, cause my Xmaxx, Emaxx, XO-1, and Summit all have Traxxas ESC's, or either Castle or rebranded Castle ESC's. My Super Ray has a Fuse ESC, and all my ESC's start out with full power, then slight power dip, and then shut off.

I've never seen any kind of pulsing or 50% power (before shut off) with any of my above mentioned vehicles and their stock ESC's. I've only seen it with my Spartan, Blackjack 29, UR19 boats, and all my Horizon Blade heliflopters.
    Last edited by ReglarGuy; 06-23-2019 at 07:38 AM.

RC Competitor
    Mine doesn't go to 50% power, it used to in the past and it would allow me to drive it back to me but now it doesn't so it cuts out way off in the distance and then i gotta go fetch it :/
    Was here an SW update that impacted this setting or?

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by morch_66479 View Post
    Mine doesn't go to 50% power, it used to in the past and it would allow me to drive it back to me but now it doesn't so it cuts out way off in the distance and then i gotta go fetch it :/
    Was here an SW update that impacted this setting or?
    I bet so. I havenít run Traxxas electronics in so long.

Somehow builds are never done....

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by ReglarGuy View Post
    Yes, I'd call Traxxas too. Something crazy is going on here, cause my Xmaxx, Emaxx, XO-1, and Summit all have Traxxas ESC's, or either Castle or rebranded Castle ESC's. My Super Ray has a Fuse ESC, and all my ESC's start out with full power, then slight power dip, and then shut off.

I've never seen any kind of pulsing or 50% power (before shut off) with any of my above mentioned vehicles and their stock ESC's. I've only seen it with my Spartan, Blackjack 29, UR19 boats, and all my Horizon Blade heliflopters.

Actually, there is one ESC by Traxxas that I know for a fact reduces power to 50% (stage 1) before total LiPo/motor cutoff. It is the VXL-3m in the 1/16 E-Revo VXL. I actually had to limp it back to me a couple of times and the ESC was blinking slow red.

Blinking fast red is thermal shutdown for an ESC overheat on the VXL-3m.

Last edited by Flux Capacitor; 06-25-2019 at 10:07 PM.
    Welcome To The Futures' Past!

Quote Originally Posted by ReglarGuy View Post
    I'm not saying that the ESC you're describing doesn't exist for a land RC, but I've never seen one used on any of the land ESC's I've gotten from Traxxas, Castle, Leopard or Fuze.
    Now you see why I never say the word "never" unless I can restrict its' scope by my own experiences.

RC Competitor
    Contacted Traxxas about this and was told it could be the batteries so im gonna test another set and see whats happens. I will update at a later.
    I may just run those alarm buzzers at all times so it checks each cell rather than total battery voltage. It's the safest option i reckon.

RC Competitor
    FWIW my X-Maxx w/ relatively new 6700mah traxxas 4s lipos went into 50% power briefly before going into stage 2 shut down mode w/ the stock ESC. Stage 1 50% doesn't last long at all though- maybe 30 seconds.
    Slash Nitro
    Slash 4x4
    E-Revo 2.0