Glitch buster...to use or not to use...that is the question...

I have a Spektrum glitch buster. What are the true benefits of using it and what risks are out there using it on the stock Traxxas receiver and stock ESC?

RC Enthusiast
    I was having all kinds of brownout issues with the factory setup for the 2.0. The BEC in the factory receiver is barely enough to support the dual servos at times and mine was momentarily shutting down EVERY SINGLE TIME I ran it! Since I installed a glitch buster, the problems have literally completely disappeared. The glitch buster is a capacitor that stores a small amount of reserve power which is used when the BEC is not enough. Its a no brainer in my opinion.

Thanks! Just wanted to make sure it wouldn't cause me any issues. Appreciate it!

Anyone know how hot the glitch busters get? Is it safe / wise to leave mine inside my receiver box? I want to run it inside the box so its not around water and not bouncing around outside the Rx box.

RC Qualifier
    It shouldn't get hot, it's a capacitor not a resistor.

Sent from my VS996 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by dgechrgr469 View Post
    It shouldn't get hot, it's a capacitor not a resistor.

Sent from my VS996 using Tapatalk
    Thank you for some reason I kept thinking it would get hot. I appreciate it!

RC Qualifier
    Capacitor are cool running components they’ll only get hot if there is an issue.

Finally getting around to putting this in. Does it matter which plug port it goes into on the TQi receiver? I've got RPM, Batt Ch5 and Ch4 all open. Thx!

No, it shouldn't. All the outputs should be on the same power rail.

I only run one in one of my nitro's as I was getting brown outs with the savox 0231 servo in it. Haven't had any issues to speak of on my electrics, but the only vxl esc I have is in my ejato, the old vxl-3S.
    Expert rigging at it's best!

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by RICK DIZZLE View Post
    Finally getting around to putting this in. Does it matter which plug port it goes into on the TQi receiver? I've got RPM, Batt Ch5 and Ch4 all open. Thx!
    I can't provide you any actual values, but when I was fiddling around with my dual fan setup, it at least looked like the fan plugged into ch4 reached higher rpm's than the one in the actual RPM-port (the fans were setup directly next to each other).
    Last edited by Mastaa; 09-26-2019 at 01:21 AM. Reason: typo
    E-Revo 2.0
    E-Revo VXL Brushless 1/16