RC Racer

ESC sticky pad?!

Simple question but can I find the right stuff

I purchased a new chassis and have the RPM MX mount so the chassis doesnít have the double sided sticky pad for the ESC and the RPM mount expects there to be one. So currently itís floating around 5mm off the chassis.

I can find 5mm closed cell foam but itís only sticky backed one side or I can find double sided but itís all 1.5 mm and mostly white! Looked and Traxxas list it under the ESC part number so assume it comes with the ESC and not a order part of its own.

This is better than any RC branded double sided tape. It is foam tape, very similar to what traxxas uses. You can cut it pretty easy. It is all I use. You could probably use a couple of small o-rings around the screws to kind of act like standoffs. It's ok if it's floating, probably better allows some air through there. Just needs to be tight.
    https://www.amazon.com/Heavy-Duty-Ex.../dp/B00004Z4BV

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
    Last edited by nickruger; 06-23-2019 at 07:56 AM.

RC Qualifier
    Use number plate tape from Halfords

RC Racer
    Thanks guys, the thing with the above is I’ll have to stack them as it needs to be 4-5mm off the chassis as that’s now the ESC sits.

RC poster
    Stacking is no problem with this. I used exactly this to "mount" my esc, a few layers are enough. Strong stuff.
    E-Revo 2.0
    E-Revo VXL Brushless 1/16