Thread: Servo upgrade

RC poster

Servo upgrade

What kind of servo would best suit a slash 4x4 lcg for racing. What kinda specs should a servo provide for torque and speed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I use a savox 1258tg and have been loving the increase in performance. I only drive my truck on a track for reference.
    its not fun until something breaks

RC Enthusiast
    Double on the 1258TG. It’s a killer servo. Very fast, very strong.

RC poster
    Check out BK servos, awesome servos.

RC Racer
    Third on the 1258tg. It has taken some pretty crazy somersaults and stays center great.
    Last edited by TwoBelugas; 06-24-2019 at 01:32 AM.

Compared to the 2070/2075 the 1258TG is a little better - much faster at 0.08 but only 41 oz/in stronger and can be power hungry. For a little bit more plus shipping you could go with a Promodeler DS305CLHV which is .104 & 235 oz/in at 6.0v, consumes less power and becomes a monster at 8.4v should you put in a BEC and receiver bypass. I would not hesitate to install a Promodeler in one of my Slashes when the 2075 dies and I exhaust my spare supply.

I put a Promodeler (different model) in my nitro Revo and am very impressed by the workmanship, the strength and centering. I emailed Promodeler about using a glitch buster (since I have to use a 6.0v receiver pack) and the owner got back to me right away. He said I probably wouldn't need one but I still installed one anyway. Now I see that he offers one for a very reasonable price.
    The Super Derecho

RC poster
    I have a Protec servo and love it. I run it at 6V and its speed is .14 and it has 216oz/in of torque. I race it at the local track and also just drive it around in the yard, take jumps, etc and haven't had any problems and my 4x4 lcg is 6.7 lbs.

heres a link:

https://www.amainhobbies.com/protek-...k-100t/p228478