RC poster

4x4 ruslter vxl axles

I would just like to say that it sure would be nice for traxxas to fix this problem I cant run this thing 5 times without breaking the junk axles traxxas put on this thing oh I could upgrade them for about 70 dollars for the rears and another 70 for the fronts but from what I've seen even they are junk very unhappy with my first traxxas and most likely the last

I'm sorry that you are having a hard time. Could you please describe the battery and how you drive your truck?
    Member of the 10,000 + posts club! Here to help!

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by El Sob View Post
    I'm sorry that you are having a hard time. Could you please describe the battery and how you drive your truck?
    I’ll get the popcorn

I’m not a heavy basher but my one rustl4r vxl still with stock everything set up runs mostly 3s and has even lived for a while with 4s running the UDR motor and esc.

Quote Originally Posted by TwoBelugas View Post
    I’ll get the popcorn

I’m not a heavy basher but my one rustl4r vxl still with stock everything set up runs mostly 3s and has even lived for a while with 4s running the UDR motor and esc.
    My daughter has had her truck for many years. It has the O.G. El Sob special motor system in it. It runs 2 and 3s lollipops its whole life and it still retains the original CV axles.
    Member of the 10,000 + posts club! Here to help!

I beat the snot out of mine on 4s and have never had a problem

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RC poster
    It is completely stock running 3s 6400 mah it's funny that you all say you have not had any issues but a quick Google search and this is very common I must just have bad luck because I run this at my work in a field and travel parking lot and have gone through 3 rear axles in the month that I have had this thing idk should've bought something else

Jeff,
    Iím curious, is this your first rc? Just curious, if not what else have you had

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RC Qualifier
    At the price point any other 4wd stadium truck, or 1/10 rig in general, is going to break as much if not more than the 4wd Rustler from what you are describing.

Make sure your slipper clutch is not too tight, the jolt of a 6400mah 3s battery can deliver quite a twist on takeoff and deceleration.

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by TwoBelugas View Post
    At the price point any other 4wd stadium truck, or 1/10 rig in general, is going to break as much if not more than the 4wd Rustler from what you are describing.

Make sure your slipper clutch is not too tight, the jolt of a 6400mah 3s battery can deliver quite a twist on takeoff and deceleration.
    I agree with this advice! If you're putting down too much torque, loosen the slipper clutch to absorb it.

RC poster
    I adjusted slipper clutch tightened all the way down then backed it of 1 and 1/2 turns I will back it off another 1/2 to 3/4 of a turn to see if that help thanks everyone for the input I appreciate it

RC poster
    After doing some research it appears that I had the slipper clutch adjusted fine if anything it may have been a little loose so that doesn't explain why the axles keep breaking at this point I don't know what to do other than upgrade to the tekno axles and see what happens