RC Enthusiast

Mamba X - Red Blinking Light, No Sounds, Not Arming

Swapped my (working just fine) Mamba X / 2400KV system from one Slash 4x4 into another, and now, the ESC does not arm (no sounds / beeps), just sits there, with a red blinking light. According to the manual:

** Flashing Green OR Red = Speed control has not been calibrated and is not armed; or throttle sub-trim is not at 0. **

I've reset the TQi radio system, checked TraxxasLink, and throttle is set to 100%, sub trim to 0.
    I'm plugged into receive channel 2, the correct way.

If I plug the ESC into the second channel 1, it arms fine, and will drive the motor, albeit while turning the wheels.

It almost looks like channel 2 is toast on the receiver, and yet all the other channels work fine. Just prior to putting the mamba x combo in, this same receive was running an SW4 with a Hobbywing motor.

Anyone have any thoughts as to what I'm doing wrong? Thanks!

RC Racer
    I've had the same thing happen. It was the channel two on my reciver. Had to get a new receiver

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Yep that sounds typical of a reciever failure. Do you have another reciever you can test it out on just to confirm. I swapped out a servo once, everything was fine when I took it apart. Put it back together with new servo and reciever was dead. Who knows.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

RC Enthusiast
    Yah, I swapped in an old 3 channel receiver and the mamba works fine. Going to order a replacement. Thanks for the feedback.