Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 41 to 46 of 46
  1. #41
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    484
    Thanks guys.

    I never run my truck in wet conditions (even wet grass etc) so its always bone dry - hence I'm not looking for the servo to be waterproof - if it is, its just a bonus.

    Thanks for the suggestion of the Promodeler - while it looks a solid servo, it seems its not more powerful then the 2085x that Im looking to replace, which is 450oz-in if I'm not mistaken?

    The stock 2085 servo is 365oz-in, so similar to the Promodeler.

    Im looking for more power with the servo and think the Savox will give me the most the truck could probably handle with 694oz-in at 7.4v ?
    Last edited by IftiBashir; 07-11-2019 at 03:30 AM.
    https://www.youtube.com/user/iftibashir

  2. #42
    RC Champion nickruger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    1,258
    Quote Originally Posted by IftiBashir View Post
    Thanks guys.

    I never run my truck in wet conditions (even wet grass etc) so its always bone dry - hence I'm not looking for the servo to be waterproof - if it is, its just a bonus.

    Thanks for the suggestion of the Promodeler - while it looks a solid servo, it seems its not more powerful then the 2085x that Im looking to replace, which is 450oz-in if I'm not mistaken?

    The stock 2085 servo is 365oz-in, so similar to the Promodeler.

    Im looking for more power with the servo and think the Savox will give me the most the truck could probably handle with 694oz-in at 7.4v ?
    That is correct. The promodeler 630 is closer to the savox. 630oz. The savox is 555oz at 6v, 694oz at 7.4v. I don't see you needing more than 694oz. I don't want to assume that you have your mind made up, but I feel like your gut is telling you savox. It is a good option for what you're trying to accomplish. Most powerful, not concerned about factory water proofing, it sounds right for you.

    Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
    Last edited by nickruger; 07-11-2019 at 06:06 AM.

  3. #43
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    484
    Quote Originally Posted by nickruger View Post
    That is correct. The promodeler 630 is closer to the savox. 630oz. The savox is 555oz at 6v, 694oz at 7.4v. I don't see you needing more than 694oz. I don't want to assume that you have your mind made up, but I feel like your gut is telling you savox. It is a good option for what you're trying to accomplish. Most powerful, not concerned about factory water proofing, it sounds right for you.

    Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
    lol thanks
    Ive always had good previous experiences with Savox servos, hence why I'm leaning in that direction....

    Just deciding on whether to go with the BEC for now or try it without the BEC to start with, knowing I have the option going forward if need be.....
    https://www.youtube.com/user/iftibashir

  4. #44
    RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Posts
    4,118
    Quote Originally Posted by IftiBashir View Post
    lol thanks
    Ive always had good previous experiences with Savox servos, hence why I'm leaning in that direction....

    Just deciding on whether to go with the BEC for now or try it without the BEC to start with, knowing I have the option going forward if need be.....
    With my fans and lights, I needed one. Before lights the onboard Max5 BEC pushed the 2085X around fine.


    Somehow builds are never done....

  5. #45
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Long Island, NY
    Posts
    353
    Quote Originally Posted by scoobied77 View Post
    If you get a 2085X running it at 7.4v is like a day and night difference compared to 6v, so much more powerful and faster!

    I've been running my 2085X with 7.4v since they launched and it's not missed a beat.

    I don't run stock radio gear.
    How do you get it to run ant 7.4v?

  6. #46
    RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Posts
    4,118
    Quote Originally Posted by REVO-KN-EVIL View Post
    How do you get it to run ant 7.4v?
    Set the bec to 7.4, just make sure you’re not running a traxxas receiver.


    Somehow builds are never done....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •