RC poster

2wd slash gear box noise

Hi all
    First I am new to this forum and new to the traxxas truck world. I purchased a 2wd 1/10 slash "the doctor edition" truck for my son about 3 weeks ago. He is almost 9, and drives it on pavement, gravel, sand, grass, and some puddles.

Yesterday, I noticed that a noise has developed from what I think is the gear box. It happens only when you release the trigger on the controller. It takes off and runs fine, just when you release the trigger you get this strange noise. It doesn't sound like a grinding noise, almost like a brake or something.

I look forward to hearing from anyone with suggestions.

Thanks
    Shawn

Remove the cover on the right side and see if there is something stuck in the gears.
    The Super Derecho

RC poster
    Ok, thank you will do.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by ducebigalow View Post
    Hi all
    First I am new to this forum and new to the traxxas truck world. I purchased a 2wd 1/10 slash "the doctor edition" truck for my son about 3 weeks ago. He is almost 9, and drives it on pavement, gravel, sand, grass, and some puddles.

Yesterday, I noticed that a noise has developed from what I think is the gear box. It happens only when you release the trigger on the controller. It takes off and runs fine, just when you release the trigger you get this strange noise. It doesn't sound like a grinding noise, almost like a brake or something.

I look forward to hearing from anyone with suggestions.

Thanks
    Shawn
    It may very well be braking.
    If the neutral position is off, the ESC may think it's in braking position.
    Best to recalibrate the radio to the ESC if there is ever any doubt!

RC poster
    Thank you I will look at that before taking anything apart.