RC Competitor

Rustler latch style body on a P4de?

Been looking at new bodies for my P4de and I like the look of the rustler body on it. The new rustler 4x4 has the latch body mounting and it looks like the shock towers it mounts to are the same as the stock P4de ones without the body posts.

Anyone tried this or can confirm? Don't want to spend the $80 in the body and parts to find out it doesn't work.
    P4de VXL, Slash 4x4 VXL

Don't quote me on this...I don't own a P4de, although I do have 2 Rusty 4xs, plus a Slash 4x...but, from what I know, all three vehicles use a LOT of the same parts. I also know that the shock towers can be swapped between the Slash & Rusty. As such, the same should hold true for the P4de.

To be certain, I'd suggest comparing the part numbers for the Slash & P4de - if they can use the same shock towers, then I'm willing to bet that the P4de towers can be swapped for the Rusty towers. A Rusty body on a P4de should look pretty cool.

~ Coming to you live, from somewhere on planet Earth.
    ~ Love, laughter & kindness makes the world better

RC Competitor
    You just confirmed it, the Sl4sh and P4de do use the same shock towers. I will pick up parts next week and post some pictures. Only downside is the Rustler body is $60....

Thanks!
    P4de VXL, Slash 4x4 VXL

Quote Originally Posted by Darrath View Post
    You just confirmed it, the Sl4sh and P4de do use the same shock towers. I will pick up parts next week and post some pictures. Only downside is the Rustler body is $60....

Thanks!
    The price might not be the only "down side". Before ordering, compare the wheelbases of the Rusty & P4de. The Rusty wheelbase is 1.25" shorter than the Slash...the same (it similar) is probably true of the P4de. As such, you might have to cut the front and/or rear fenders, to prevent the A-arms from hitting the body. Thankfully, cutting should probably be very minimal.

RC Competitor
    I don't think that will matter much but I will fit it on the P4de on display at my LHS to check first.
    P4de VXL, Slash 4x4 VXL

RC Racer
    Kind of late to the party but I remember that traxxas part number 6720 is the underlying latching mechanism for a rustler 4x4 body. I am confident with enough motivation one can cut it up and fit to a P4de body. In fact a 2wd rustler Chevy 1500 body from jconcepts fits REALLY well on the bare shock towers with battery hold down posts, so any similar body can be a good candidate to fit to parts of 6720.

"Funny" thing is, I'm in the process of doing the exact opposite...I have a Rustler 4x4 that I'm replacing the shock towers, partly to get rid of the latch system. Every time I've run my Rusty, if there are any crashes, there is always at least one time that the front of the body 'pops off' the front shock tower, and I'm tired of it.

While the latch system is a great idea, it needs some serious refinement. That's why I'm replacing the stock shock towers with Slash/Pede 4x4 shock towers & body mounts, and switching to a different body (an aftermarket Jato body).