RC Enthusiast

Reinforcing my Fox Body. Hopefully

I started off with drywall tape and shoegoo but wasnít feeling it. It seemed too messy and I maybe I was getting impatient. Soooo I went and purchased a can of rubberized undercoating spray similar to the spray on bedliner. Waiting for it to dry and will see how it holds up. I was hesitant about bashing my new bug body... and of course I scratched it up today so trying to make the Fox body stay in one piece for bashing and also cut out the front fenders to try and eliminate wind drag. Anyone else use the spray on bedliner stuff?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by RCNRG_Foster; 06-25-2019 at 11:07 PM.

RC Enthusiast

RC Enthusiast
    Gorilla clear repair tape is pretty good. Just heat it with a heat gun or blow dryer as you’re laying it down. Gorilla duct tape is good in high wear areas. This post brought to you by Gorilla Inc. LOL

Anyway, drywall tape and Shoe Goo is the gold standard. E6000 craft Glue is also good.

Just make sure all surfaces are super clean.

RC Enthusiast
    Thanks, Monkeyracing. Yeah this things could have maybe used some tape under the rear body mounts because they were pretty mangled . But so far it seems like it will be bullet proof and not much heavier. I put some clear repair tape((for tents and stuff) maybe gorilla brand haha, Iím not home at the moment.)on top of my sons mini revo to protect from scratches and soon my new vw bug body. Have you tried heating up the clear tape on top of the body for a body wrap type method for protection? I might try it.

RC Enthusiast
    Thereís a lot less rattling noise when the truck lands off jumps or over bumps. Music to my ears lol

RC Enthusiast
    Pic with cut out front fenders.

RC Enthusiast
    Yep. I have it folded over the lip on the wheel wells, and reinforce weak spots on the outside too.

RC Qualifier
    I have done Shoe Goo + FibaTape + Plasti Dip (to try to seal everything). My favorite is just FibaTape and Shoe Goo but it takes a lot of time. I like your idea, but I think you had to tack the FibaTape down in the uneven areas before you sprayed it. Did you use Shoe Goo to tack it or something else?
    Catch my videos at youtube.com/c/offworkhours

RC Enthusiast
    I only used shoe goo on the torn up pieces around the rear body mounts (x2 1inch areas)and I couldnít get it to smooth out before it started crumbling. So I ditched the shoegoo. Other then that I just stuck the drywall tape down (it was slightly sticky) and just sprayed over the tape. I was very impressed with the results and will spray my bug body too if I ever decide to bash it(itís too pretty!! Lol)

I used the spray on undercoating stuff next to the spray in bedliner. I used a generous 2 coatings all sprayed at once. I can post pics of the stuff I used if anyone is interested. Iím at work now and can tomorrow afternoon...

RC Racer
    Sure, what did use? Plz, update us after a few months of use!

RC Enthusiast

RC Enthusiast
    So far after a few sessions it holds up nicely. No sign of wear & make the landings quieter haha