RC Qualifier

tekno driveshafts and 1/8 motor / 4s?

Do you guys think the tekno driveshafts would hold up to an 1/8 scale motor on 4s ?

RC Competitor
    Iím running the Tekno m6 shafts with the 17mm conversion on all four sides. I run a a 2650kv motor on 4s, 50t/20t or 50t/15t gearing and havenít had a problem yet.

If you do end up getting them, the only problem Iíve had is if you donít set the adjustments right the rear shafts tend to fall out of the drive cups but itís an easy fix, it just takes some tuning to get it perfect.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RC Qualifier
    cool, and go back to using stock A arms right, they say the rpms flex too much

RC Competitor
    Iím running the rpm arms and havenít really had an issue maybe they were the problem when the shaft kept popping out of the cup. Not really sure, but I was able to adjust the rear which stopped the problem.

Iím not the all rpm and aluminum type, a lot of stock traxxas parts are nice and durable. I have the rpm a-arms cause I had them around and I built my slash from the ground up.

Iíd say if you have the rpm ones see how they work for you and if there a problem then replace them.

Quote Originally Posted by Rants86 View Post
    Iím running the rpm arms and havenít really had an issue maybe they were the problem when the shaft kept popping out of the cup. Not really sure, but I was able to adjust the rear which stopped the problem.

Iím not the all rpm and aluminum type, a lot of stock traxxas parts are nice and durable. I have the rpm a-arms cause I had them around and I built my slash from the ground up.

Iíd say if you have the rpm ones see how they work for you and if there a problem then replace them.

The rpm arms are the reason your shaft pops out, on the flip side rpm arms can flex enough to break the tekno shafts by compression. Not saying it can't be done, but tekno themselves state not to use rpm arms with the m6 drive shafts.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
    Its alright son I'll fix it when you break it

RC Qualifier
    thanks everyone for the feedback