RC poster

New Stampede/Bigfoot Issue

Hi all, first post here. I just took delivery of a new 36084-1 with a problem right out of the box and thought before I wait to call support on Monday, maybe someone here has an idea if thereís a fix for it.

So Friday night I unpackaged the truck and charged the battery. Turned in the transmitter, plugged in the battery and turned it on. Right away the servo makes a hard left and I can hear that itís under load and still trying to turn farther left. I turned off the truck and took out the screw for the servo saver. Turned the truck back on and could get nothing out of the servo. During all of this, the throttle works fine in both forward and reverse. From there I reset the speed control and also resynced the receiver. Still the same thing, full throttle control but nothing from the servo.

After some Googling, I swapped the servo and speed control plugs on the receiver. Fired everything up again, and I had full control of the servo using the trigger, but nothing from the speed control using the wheel. Turned it off and on again and was then able to control the throttle with the wheel. Reversed the plugs back to their original ports and the throttle worked using the trigger, but nothing from the servo.

I did notice that if I plugged the servo into either empty receiver port (I think that would be channels 2 and 4?) the servo would go full left or right depending which one I plugged it in to.

So I feel that the speed control and servo are ok, so would this be a controller or a receiver issue, or both? Any fixes or am I stuck trying to get hold of support on Monday?

RC Champion
    Do you have pictures of how it's plugged in that you can post maybe one of how it doesn't work as well as ones of how it does work? Also, have you tried to reprogram the Rx to the Tx as well?
    https://www.instagram.com/greenjeep1998/?hl=en

RC poster
    Thanks for the response. I’ve already gone thru the process of reprogramming the Rx to the Tx. It didn’t seem to make a difference. Here’s a picture of my Rx:

The plug at the top is the servo plug, the one two ports below is the one from the speed controller.

Tinkering some more, it seems like something with the top port is flakey. But not sure if it’s the wheel on the Tx or the port on the Rx.

RC Racer
    Servo in the CH1 spot second from the bottom, esc in the CH2 spot, the white wire on both facing the inside of the receiver then do throttle setup and try again.

RC poster
    I tried that and it fixed everything....temporarily. Throttle and steering work. Got the servo Vader back on the servo and slightly adjusted the trim. I can power off the truck, unplug the battery and turn off the Tx and the. Reverse those steps within a minute and everything still works fine. But if I leave it off for around ten minutes and then go thru the power up process, the servo is back to making a hard left and not responding.

If I go thru the Tx/Rx binding process again, it works until I power it off for another ten minutes or more.

RC Champion
    I would call Traxxas in the morning then, not sure if it's the servo or Rx and the only way to tell right now is if you had a spare servo to plug into the Rx.
    https://www.instagram.com/greenjeep1998/?hl=en

RC poster
    I got in touch with tech support last night and they ruled out it being a servo or receiver issue since i had full control of the servo when I switched it to channel two and used the trigger to activate it. So they’re sending me a new Tx to try out.

When it shows up next week I’ll post back here to let everyone know if that worked or not.