RC poster

Beginner needs some advice. Parts related

Hello everyone, I was finally able to decide what to buy after reading lots of threads.
    I decided to go for RUSTLER VXL 2WD TSM and will be using it on the beach, gravel, grass and mountain. I have to buy batteries, charger, and the 3776+3776A wheels for sandy beach bashing. I'm not sure if I want the back bars for wheelies.
    My doubts are.
    How many batteries should I buy and what model?I'm willing to be able to use it for 1 hour.
    Any other tools, bumpers, extra pieces, or replacements that should have?our any place I should replace right out of the box.

Sorry if this was asked before but I didn't find anything.

RC Racer
    I think most will agree to get bearings for your wheels. As far as batteries, try a 2s 5200 mAh lipo to start. Once you try 3s, you will like the power. SMC and Common Sense RC has good, reasonably priced batteries. I spent $25 on my Prophet multi chemistry charger and it works fine. Depending on gearing and how hard you drive, you can get a higher mAh battery for longer run times. I bought 2 5200 mAh lipos to start. Gave more than an hour of run time. I also recommend a battery spy to check your batteries for balance and charge for storage. CommonSenseRC makes a good one for $20. Definitely listen to some of these veterans on this board. I learn from these guys everyday.

RC Racer
    I agree with everything Otis mentioned

I’d consider RPM products—-they’re inexpensive, extremely durable for bashing, and plentiful on the Rustler model

A-arms, hubs, castor blocks, front bumper, bulkhead, shock towers——I’d say less than $100 would get you all of those, and I’ve never had to replace them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Gearing and tires will be your deciding factors on run time, obviously batteries, but if your tires and or gearing is too much, you’ll never last an hour, without burning something up or hitting thermal on the esc. You’ll want a hinge pin set, and aluminum bearing carriers. Oh and a bumper that can actually take a hit.

Somehow builds are never done....

RC poster
    Thanks a lot. I ordered everything you suggested. I will be receiving it today.
    Gears and tires I will be using the "default" configuration. Got 2 2s lipo 2600 7,4v. batteries, I hope it will be enough.

Bumper I got RPM wide front bumper.

Once again thanks a lot for your help.