RC Enthusiast

New Slash batterys

Hi Iím looking to get a slash 4x4 FOX and was wondering what batteryís to get Iím definitely going to get lipos probably 2s are the Traxxas ones any good? They seem easy to use.

RC Racer
    Depends on what charger you have. If you don't already have a lipo charger I'd recommend getting a normal one and not the Traxxas ez peak thing. On Amazon there's a brand called "ZEEE" and I've had good luck with their products.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

RC Enthusiast
    I agree. For the price of 1 Traxxas battery you can get 3 zeee batteries and I also have had good luck them and no problems.

Another brand of battery that I love is Gens Ace, they make great lipos.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by Dgkskater1996 View Post
    I agree. For the price of 1 Traxxas battery you can get 3 zeee batteries and I also have had good luck them and no problems.

Another brand of battery that I love is Gens Ace, they make great lipos.
    Agreed. Gens ace is very good but can get expensive. As for a charger I would recommend the Imax B6. It's what I use and I've never had a problem with it

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

I highly recommend SMC lipos! They have amazing power and have a long life. I am not nice to my trucks
    Member of the 10,000 + posts club! Here to help!

RC Enthusiast
    Is there any chargers that will charge two lipos at a time? Or am I better off charging one at a time. also is there any Zeee batterys with a traxxas plug? I could buy an adapter or solder new connecters but I would prefer just coming standard with a traxxas plug.
    Last edited by Sharkbait; 07-01-2019 at 08:28 PM.

RC Enthusiast
    I have decided on the charger. I'm going to use the Venom Racing 0683 2-4 cell lipo charger. Good choice or something different?

RC Enthusiast
    I believe that charger goes for around 50 dollars?

For an extra 10-15 dollars you can get this Protec lipo charger that can charge anywhere from 2s to 6s. It also can charge up to 10 amps. I recommend this over the venom one specifically because if you decide to upgrade and want a 5s or 6s you'll need a new charger. Also, this Protec charger can charge a battery way faster then that venom one. 3 amps is not very much and leads to slow charge times. 10 amps is a much more appreciable charge current.

Link here: https://www.amainhobbies.com/protek-...AaAthaEALw_wcB

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

RC Enthusiast
    Thanks! I might decide to go to bigger batts Now for the battery.....
    SMC or Zeee? Iíd rather get SMC because of the plugs but I can get Zeee on amazon so they will come faster. Or is there any other brand to go with

RC Enthusiast
    It's up to you, I hear good things about the SMC batteries although I don't have any. As for the Zeee batteries go, I have 3 of them and I always just solder on Traxxas connectors so it's up to you what you want to go with.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

RC Enthusiast
    I am either going to the LHS tonight or tomorrow I'm going to see what they suggest. Cant wait to pick up my Slash!

RC poster
    the traxxas iD plug is proprietary, I'm sure you won't find it on a non-traxxas product... with that said, there are adapters out there (think $5) that will link your trx iD to any other battery connectors or chargers you want.

I got a Hyperion charger in 2009. This has been an excellent charger! It will charge a 12s 10,000 mah lipo in less than an hour! Hyperion chargers are a little on the expensive side but it has given me a solid ten years of trouble free service, it was worth the cost
    Member of the 10,000 + posts club! Here to help!