RC Competitor

Exclamation Recommended brushless motor kv for stampede 4x4

Hey all. I built my stampede 4x4 from the kit and had a hobbywing 3250kv motor to test it with, to make sure it was all good... out I was saving it for a 2wd rustler build. I have since put that motor in the rustler, itís awesome btw, and need to get another motor. Whatís your recommendation for some good motors. Can the stampede handle 4s with some upgrades? Thanks!

RC Racer
    It depends on what type of driving you are doing

Bashing
    Racing
    Crawling

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    I run mine on 4S with a HW SC8 WP and a 2600kv motor. Very nice on 3S and crazy on 4S. Running gear is not stock. Tekno center shaft and M6 CVís.

Somehow builds are never done....

RC Competitor
    I’ll be doing bashing mostly, though nothing too crazy. I was thinking 4s might be a good middle ground for a bit more power and torque than 3s. What motor are you using grip?

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocketzx1 View Post
    Iíll be doing bashing mostly, though nothing too crazy. I was thinking 4s might be a good middle ground for a bit more power and torque than 3s. What motor are you using grip?
    GoolRC 3660 can 2600kv. Itís been nice for my application.

RC Competitor
    I’ve seen people using Goolrc stuff and say it’s pretty nice for what it is. I’ll check them out, thanks mate!

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Iíve seen people using Goolrc stuff and say itís pretty nice for what it is. Iíll check them out, thanks mate!
    Their escís are trash. The motors seem fine. This is purely a basher. So if I have to buy a couple 20 dollar motors, so be it. It doesnít see much run time, but it doesnít let me down, when I do get it out.

RC Competitor
    I’ll definitely check them out for motors. Thanks for the info mate

RC Competitor
    Anyone heard of Jurassic Power Trex brushless motors? I came across a few with different kv. They look nice enough but I haven’t heard of them.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Anyone heard of Jurassic Power Trex brushless motors? I came across a few with different kv. They look nice enough but I havenít heard of them.
    Looks like a leopard knockoff. 40 bucks, may be worth a look. Let us know. Really thatís the only way smaller companies will make it or not.

I've had good luck with Castle motors, if you aren't looking to spend that much I've also had good luck with hobbystar motors. My favorite motor was the the castle 2400kv which is a 3670 can, but that does require moving your reciever box up front. I always had heat issues so this was the best option for me. I'll link a similar hobbystar, you can look around rcjuice.com, they have 36xx size motors in all different lengths/kv. Here is the one the same size as the castle 1415 2400kv.
    https://www.rcjuice.com/hobbystar-36...aterproof.html

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

RC Competitor
    I kno it’s been a few days but I have another question. What’s the largest 4s capable motor that’ll fit without modding or moving anything, a 3660? How about a 3668 2400kv motor, is it a bit too long?

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    I kno itís been a few days but I have another question. Whatís the largest 4s capable motor thatíll fit without modding or moving anything, a 3660? How about a 3668 2400kv motor, is it a bit too long?
    3668 will be too long for stock fit. 3660 is perfect

RC Competitor
    Thanks gripdog, I found a hobbystar 3660 2400kv brushless motor for 40 bucks on eBay. I’m going to grab that motor and esc this Friday and I’ll let you know how it works out!

I do have a side question not related to this specific post, but you’ve been pretty helpful so hoping you can be again. I have some 3D printed lights installed onto my stampede, front and rear lights for night time rc running, but I get brown outs. Do I need a glitch buster or an external bec, and if I need an external bec, what should I be looking for? Thanks again

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Thanks gripdog, I found a hobbystar 3660 2400kv brushless motor for 40 bucks on eBay. Iím going to grab that motor and esc this Friday and Iíll let you know how it works out!

I do have a side question not related to this specific post, but youíve been pretty helpful so hoping you can be again. I have some 3D printed lights installed onto my stampede, front and rear lights for night time rc running, but I get brown outs. Do I need a glitch buster or an external bec, and if I need an external bec, what should I be looking for? Thanks again
    Iíve found with my X-Maxx those led lights are current hogs. A glitch buster wonít really do you much good. I went with a BEC.

RC Competitor
    Do you have a recommendation for a brand for a bec? I’ve seen many no names on eBay and only brand names on there are hobbywing and castle, both around 50 bucks each.

I ran this one... depends on what your wanting to power:
    https://www.rcjuice.com/fvt-6a-adjustable-ubec.html

I had it when I ran a castle sct so I could get 6V to the receiver/servo. I was running a hitec 985MG off it and it did fine.
    Expert rigging at it's best!