RC poster

Want to get a erevo 2.0 do u have to use throttle control to run 6s

Hello this is traxxasguy20 and i have been looking into getting a erevo 2.0 so just asking if u have to use throttle control to avoid driveline failures because i have seen people alredy have driveline failures

Actual drive line failures are not very common on this vehicle. That doesn't mean it won't break though, like any rc vehicle if you drive with no control, eventually something will break. Its always a good idea to drive within ones capabilities as well as the trucks capabilities!

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
    Its alright son I'll fix it when you break it

RC poster
    So i wont have to use throttle control to avoid driveline failures

If you are asking if you can hammer on it 24/7 running 6s all the time and it only breaks driveline components if you hit something or try to self right, then for the most part absolutely. You'll still have a freak incident here and there but it's pretty good to go. I got mine when they first came out. Only driveline related things were one center shaft(8$ or so), and one set of spider gears(that ones on me, I let the diff bearings go to long I think.) Its good to go. Don't self right and you should have like no issues. I have had a pretty low KV motor in mine most of its life, and I am a major throttle hog. It's legit. No worries.

RC poster
    Ok thanks��

RC poster
    So yes you can really throttle these 24/7 with no driveline issues

RC poster
    Or let me rephrase that question what kind of freak incidents would i have when I throttle this thing hard

Not to sure what you are needing to hear. I don't want to be rude but I've said all I can.

RC poster
    All i wanted to hear was can throttle it really hard and not have driveline issues

Quote Originally Posted by nickruger View Post
    Not to sure what you are needing to hear. I don't want to be rude but I've said all I can.

Deja vue any one? I feel like we've had this conversation before! To the OP, ALL RC VEHICLES WILL BREAK! No matter if it's a $200 RTR traxxas or a $600 kit that doesn't include electronics. When all is said and done, if you beat on ANY rc vehicle 24/7 it will break. Maintenance is a key factor on prolonging breakage and finding a small problem prior to becoming an expensive issue. If you happen to find an rc that can be driven pedal to the metal all day every day, that is a hobby grade rc and is actually enjoyable and thrilling to drive, please by all means let us know.

RC poster
    Ok well thanks for letting me know i will definitely look into getting a erevo 2.0 i just have to face the facts that eventually the driveline is going to need maintenance especially on 6s so thanks for ythe info

Quote Originally Posted by FnFancy View Post
    Deja vue any one? I feel like we've had this conversation before! To the OP, ALL RC VEHICLES WILL BREAK! No matter if it's a $200 RTR traxxas or a $600 kit that doesn't include electronics. When all is said and done, if you beat on ANY rc vehicle 24/7 it will break. Maintenance is a key factor on prolonging breakage and finding a small problem prior to becoming an expensive issue. If you happen to find an rc that can be driven pedal to the metal all day every day, that is a hobby grade rc and is actually enjoyable and thrilling to drive, please by all means let us know.

I know of one. You already have the basics. Now add everything m2c makes, as well as some custom mods and you'll have a virtually unbreakable rc. I'm getting there.

RC poster
    Ok now that i know the driveline will need maintenance when u throttle hard on 6s all the time what kind of maintenance does the driveline need

RC poster
    If you are throttling hard on 6s lipo all the tim

Quote Originally Posted by Traxxasguy20 View Post
    Ok now that i know the driveline will need maintenance when u throttle hard on 6s all the time what kind of maintenance does the driveline need
    Check bearings, monitor motor/ esc temps, check pillow balls, rod ends and rotate axle cups (this prolongs the inevitable "notch " that will develop)

I know of one. You already have the basics. Now add everything m2c makes, as well as some custom mods and you'll have a virtually unbreakable rc. I'm getting there.

Right! I actually haven't taken her out in a while. Need a new body and figure out the electrical issue.

Quote Originally Posted by FnFancy View Post
    Right! I actually haven't taken her out in a while. Need a new body and figure out the electrical issue.

Aren't electrical issues the best? I bought my first hobbywing product ever, an ESC for the Xmaxx, I have about 10 packs through it. It dies about 20 minutes in, won't even start back up. Wait a few days, works perfect for 20 minutes, dies again. It's currently on it's way to Hobbywing north America in Los Angeles. Fun fun.

RC Qualifier
    Use throttle control to avoid ripping up your tires, especially on the street.
    Catch my videos at youtube.com/c/offworkhours

Aren't electrical issues the best? I bought my first hobbywing product ever, an ESC for the Xmaxx, I have about 10 packs through it. It dies about 20 minutes in, won't even start back up. Wait a few days, works perfect for 20 minutes, dies again. It's currently on it's way to Hobbywing north America in Los Angeles. Fun fun.

Ha, that's my neck of the woods! I've tried hobbywing, while I didn't have major issues I don't think I'll go there again. LVC issues and I couldn't keep the fan working for the life of me which led to over heating. Hope it gets resolved for you.

RC poster
    Hey happy independence day so just to clear this up if u run hard on the throttle all the time on 6s the only driveline maintenance needed is bearings drive cups and tires am i right

Facepalm! By no means being disrespectful...but our peers on here have answered this question over and over again. Bearings, pillow balls, temps both ESC and Motor need monitored, drive cups flipped. After every run good general hobby maintenance is key. Just check stuff over...look for anomalies, warn parts screws backing themselves out and so fourth. I am not sure what kind of response you want. These are RC cars. You get them, drive them, break them, fix them, drive them and biggest key is HAVE FUN, learn and help others......

RC poster
    I was just making sure there was no other maintenance when running hard on the throttle on 6s

No problem. You will learn as you go with this truck. Just don't over think it is all. Have fun, address issues as you find them and let us know if you need help with a specific issue. We got you!

RC Racer
    Why does this thread ^^^ reek of this thread vvv
    https://forums.traxxas.com/showthrea...-the-erevo-2-0

Specifically from post 7 on

Quote Originally Posted by Traxxasguy20 View Post
    Hello this is traxxasguy20 and i have been looking into getting a erevo 2.0 so just asking if u have to use throttle control to avoid driveline failures because i have seen people alredy have driveline failures
    You have asked enough times under your previous username and were warned about it.
    You still continue to ask the same questions.
    Please stop this compulsive behavior.
    Alt-248 on the number pad =