Thread: Servo fitment

RC Qualifier

Servo fitment

When fitting a Savox servo the holes do not line up properly and the two screw holes with the tabs pulls it forward.

How are you guys working around this, cutting the tabs off, screwing in at a slight angle?

RC Champion
    On my 1231sg. I placed it in the servo opening hole. Started the screws on the back, closest to the receiver. Then I squeezed with my left hand the servo pushing it forward using the chassis as light leverage. Held it there and then started the two front screws. I then let go and tightened everything down. It takes a little force to get her lined up...but nothing crazy. There is a YouTube video somewhere of one being put in..when I get a chance later today, Ill see if I can find it and post it.
    ABMods 3.3 Revo PE
    Jato 3.3
    Futaba 3PM

I used the same technique. I was a little discourage that it wasn't a precision fit, but once you get it snuggled down it will be fine. Kind of funny that the traxxas standard servo isn't quite so standard after all. Just take your time getting it in and it will be fine.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

RC Qualifier
    Thanks guys, and assumed you discarded the rubber mounts etc

I already have the #2255 but acquired a Savox Black edition which deserves to be fitted on looks alone!
    Last edited by SC11; 07-05-2019 at 12:20 PM.

RC Champion
    I actually used the rubber mounts on my set up.
    ABMods 3.3 Revo PE
    Jato 3.3
    Futaba 3PM

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by RICK DIZZLE View Post
    I actually used the rubber mounts on my set up.
    I was always under the impression these mounts where for when mounting in plane/helicopters?

RC Champion
    I have always used them as they provide a lil shock absorption and take up play. I do fly RC helis too though...could be old habit from that lol! Anyhow...mine works perfect without issue with rubbers. I think you will be fine either way.
    ABMods 3.3 Revo PE
    Jato 3.3
    Futaba 3PM

RC Qualifier
    A little bit of research does warrant there fitment so in they went, a bonus is the now near horizontal steering link which is a plus.

The only negative is my ocd doesnít like the grommets not sitting square!!!

RC Champion
    Mine are squared up and yours can be too. Back off your screws, apply the smallest bit of lube to the rubber under the screw, not the screw threads or hole, just the rubber top. Tighten each one down just til snugged up firm...dont need to crank them in. If rubbers start to shift use a flat head screw driver to hold them square while tightening. Im just like you with OCD and this used to drive me nuts on my RCs until doing this trick and getting rid of the issue. When done wipe off any lube that's still there or come out. I usually use the smallest amount of white lithium grease applied with a q tip and it works. This should work for ya and fix your OCD for this issue good sir.
    ABMods 3.3 Revo PE
    Jato 3.3
    Futaba 3PM

RC Qualifier
    Thanks, thatís better now!

RC Champion
    You got it! Glad I could help.
    ABMods 3.3 Revo PE
    Jato 3.3
    Futaba 3PM

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by RICK DIZZLE View Post