Results 1 to 6 of 6
  1. #1
    RC Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    25

    Allen head bolt sizes

    Is it me or are some of the screws possibly standard sized? The 1.5/2.0/2.5 set I have donít fit some of the chassis screws but one supplies with the truck does. Itís between 1.5 and 2, so maybe 1/16?

  2. #2
    RC Champion nickruger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    1,256
    Quote Originally Posted by calebgilmore View Post
    Is it me or are some of the screws possibly standard sized? The 1.5/2.0/2.5 set I have donít fit some of the chassis screws but one supplies with the truck does. Itís between 1.5 and 2, so maybe 1/16?
    Either your drivers are worn or the screw you are referring to is starting to strip. They are all metric. Some of the factory hardware is easy to strip out if your drivers don't fit really tight. What brand of drivers do you use?

    Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

  3. #3
    RC Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    25
    Well now I actually wonder if MIP labeled the 1.5 wrong on a .9....

  4. #4
    RC Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    25
    Quote Originally Posted by nickruger View Post
    Either your drivers are worn or the screw you are referring to is starting to strip. They are all metric. Some of the factory hardware is easy to strip out if your drivers don't fit really tight. What brand of drivers do you use?

    Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
    I bought the MIP set and this 1.5 is smaller than the 1.5 screws. Thinking a .9mm got in the 1.5 bin

  5. #5
    RC Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    25
    I should mention all parts and drivers are brand spankin new

  6. #6
    RC Champion nickruger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    1,256
    Quote Originally Posted by calebgilmore View Post
    I should mention all parts and drivers are brand spankin new
    Yeah, I don't know then. I bought some cheap drivers when I first got in the hobby a few years ago that weren't very precise. Ever since I switched to all MIP brand tools I haven't stripped a screw or had a problem since.

    Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
    Last edited by nickruger; 07-05-2019 at 05:31 PM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •