RC Enthusiast

8618 steel pushrods

Whatís the purpose of the front pushrods (8618)? Iíve bent three and what would it hurt if I drove on the bent one?

RC Champion
    You can bend them back as close to straight as possible. The pushrod is what ties your control arms to the rocker and ultimately the shock and spring assembly. It is a rod that is directly responsible for suspension of that corner. Without it...there is no suspension and the corner would just sit on the ground. If its a lil crooked, you may feel the truck pull to that corner under acceleration and it may land or tend to land a tad crooked if not fully straight. But bender hit back in a clamp, vise and get back to having fun!
    ABMods 3.3 Revo PE
    Jato 3.3
    Futaba 3PM

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by RICK DIZZLE View Post
    You can bend them back as close to straight as possible. The pushrod is what ties your control arms to the rocker and ultimately the shock and spring assembly. It is a rod that is directly responsible for suspension of that corner. Without it...there is no suspension and the corner would just sit on the ground. If its a lil crooked, you may feel the truck pull to that corner under acceleration and it may land or tend to land a tad crooked if not fully straight. But bender hit back in a clamp, vise and get back to having fun!
    Spot on my man. Bend back and play hard.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

RC Enthusiast
    Thanks. Good information.