Thread: Other rockers?

RC Racer

Other rockers?

I'm just wondering if you can get different rockers for the 2.0. I know that on the v1 there were several different types, but I haven't heard of it for the new one.

Thanks!

The v1 and v2 revo both come with the same P2 rockers, part 5358. I run integy p2's on my ERBEv2.

Using a different progressive rate requires alternate pushrods. I don't know if there are other versions of those. The p1/LT rods are the shortest. The P2's use collars on the p1's to push the ball ends out 3mm or so on each end which effectively makes the rod longer.
    Last edited by olds97_lss; 08-12-2019 at 12:39 AM.
    Expert rigging at it's best!

RC Champion
    How have you been liking the Integy rockers? They seem to hold up well? They lighter or heavier then the plastic stock ones?
    ABMods 3.3 Revo PE
    Jato 3.3
    Futaba 3PM

Quote Originally Posted by RICK DIZZLE View Post
    How have you been liking the Integy rockers? They seem to hold up well? They lighter or heavier then the plastic stock ones?
    I'm guessing they are a bit heavier than stock, but on a 10lb+ MT... not sure I really care.

As for fitment, that can be challenging. I think out of the 12 integy ones I've bought only 2 actually fit. Similar results with the hot racing ones. The spacing for the bearings isn't right. They don't mill out enough of the bearing seat so that it fits when you tighten down the post screw. It then crushes the bearing. It would be better if they overdid it, then included some 5x7mm shims to compensate. But as it is, you either have to dremel the inside of the journal out or stack up 1000 shims to make the bearing be spaced properly by the inside race instead of the outside one.

I got creative and used the inside race of old bearings, then shims to finalize it.

These were photo's from when I last installed a set on one of my revos. I have alloy rockers on all 3 as I tend to shatter the plastic ones. You can see the 5mm inner bearing races stacked up and the few shims needed on top.

With the bearing on the bottom and top, I needed about 11.5mm of shim. Then when I tighten the screw, it binds on the inside race and allows the bearing to rotate freely. Similar to shimming you have to do sometimes with wheel axles in between the bearings in the axle carrier.

The hot racing ones aren't captured like stock, but they seem to be holding up ok so far. I wasn't able to find integy P2's at the time I ordered them, well, other than the adjustable ones from integy which were $35 a set. I don't know if those fit properly or not as I have the previous versions that are just one size only. I had integy P1's on this revo and wanted to change them to P2's. The hot racing ones were under $20, so I figured I'd give them a try. Only to find out they have the same spacing issue.

Also, on the integy ones, the lower part where the screw threads into the rocker, it's very soft and strips the threads easily. So you have to be really careful every time you change out shocks/rod ends or you strip it. I think you can get away with a nut/bolt on some of them, but then it's a more of a pain to maintain.

RC Champion
    Thanks for the detailed reply. That stinks they are not milled correctly and all that extra works goes into having to fit them. Ill just keep my stock plastic ones.
    ABMods 3.3 Revo PE
    Jato 3.3
    Futaba 3PM

RC Enthusiast
    I have the integy pro 2’s on mine and I didn’t have those issues. Guess I was lucky idk. Mine were purchased recently though. Within the last 3 months or so. They are definitely heavier than the stock plastic.

Quote Originally Posted by Ed-The-Ace View Post
    I have the integy pro 2’s on mine and I didn’t have those issues. Guess I was lucky idk. Mine were purchased recently though. Within the last 3 months or so. They are definitely heavier than the stock plastic.
    I've been unlucky with 10 out of 12 of them. Actually... more. 14 out of 16. Forgot, I had them on my first revo too that I sold many years back and had to grind/shim them as well. They don't look like the ones that exist now. Must have been version 1's.