RC poster

E-Revo 2.0 esc (vxl-6s) blinking red after update

Hi,

I've just received my new E-Revo vxl 2.0 and I've tested it for few minutes, runs well !
    Then, I decided to use traxxas link app (I've installed the Bluetooth module) and after connexion with the Tx and the car, I had a prompt to update firmwares (Tx, Rx and ESC). All did well and at the end I had the message "please turn off Tx and car to finish". So I did and when I turned them on back, The Tx is well connected to the car, the steering worked well but the ESC had all the 4 LEDs blinking red and did not work.
    I've tried to restart sequence several times with the same issue.
    I've read the manual that explains "programming error" and solution is "call Traxxas support".
    Did someone had the same problem before and is there any solution before calling support ?

Thanks for your answers !

RC poster
    Hi,

Apparently, I'm not the only one to have this issue after updating the ESC and the only solution is to send it back to have a new one !
    Any other infos ?

RC Champion
    Sadly sometimes updates fail and then lock up the ESC...Red lights of death. Traxxas will have to send you a new one or flash your old one and update it and send it back. Unfortunately no way around it. Just send it in and get back running.
    ABMods 3.3 Revo PE
    Jato 3.3
    Futaba 3PM

RC poster
    Thanks for your reply Rick. Bad luck
    I'm going to the post office...

RC Champion
    Yeah wish we could help you...but its literally the only option at this point.
    ABMods 3.3 Revo PE
    Jato 3.3
    Futaba 3PM

RC Enthusiast
    I’ll feel lucky now. Last weekend I picked up the Bluetooth TQi adapter and installed. I too had to update the firmware before I could use it. Always nervous doing this but without updating it was going to be useless. Anyway mine updated just fine after a while and I went out ripping only to shred a spur. Rather have that though than a duff ESC.

Cheers,
    Delirious.

RC poster
    Hi,
    For your information, Traxxas international warranty is great.
    I called Traxxas support and they told me that my ESC had to be replaced and as I leave in New Caledonia they gave me the address of Traxxas reseller in Australia, then I’ve emailed my problem and next day they sent me a new ESC.
    It’s just great ! I thought I would have to wait a long time with lot of emails but nothing like that, just my explanations with the ESC serial number and I’ve got a new one. Fantastic !!