RC poster

GoPro interferes with GPS signal

So I want to mount my GoPro Hero3 to the top of the Aton for a FPV type of video. I'll still be flying LOS. In a test flight tonight, the Aton would not establish a GPS lock until I removed the camera and then promply lost GPS again when I put the camera back on top.

Has anyone else had this type of problem? It wouldn't be a deal breaker, but I believe that the "air brakes" need a GPS signal to work properly and I'm still in the learning stages with "Expert Mode" and still need that safety feature of the air brakes.

Thanks for any help!

RC Qualifier
    Yup , same here
    with the Go Pro under it's no problem

RC Enthusiast
    Not sure if your trying to use the Wifi for the fpv, but if you are it might be because of this warning: "WARNING: To prevent radio interference and loss of control, always disable Wi-Fi on your GoProŽ or other action camera* (if so equipped) BEFORE flying the Āton." It's on page 1 of the Aton 2-Axis Gimbal-Operating Instructions

https://traxxas.com/sites/default/fi...ons_ML_WEB.pdf

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by srider72 View Post
    Not sure if your trying to use the Wifi for the fpv, but if you are it might be because of this warning: "WARNING: To prevent radio interference and loss of control, always disable Wi-Fi on your GoProŽ or other action camera* (if so equipped) BEFORE flying the Āton." It's on page 1 of the Aton 2-Axis Gimbal-Operating Instructions

https://traxxas.com/sites/default/fi...ons_ML_WEB.pdf
    No, just recording. I guess the GPS antenna in the spoiler/bridge is just too sensative to interference. What's funny is with the GoPro off it's fine, but turn it on and it will lose the signal.