Thread: Im giving up!

RC Qualifier

Im giving up!

Finally got the suspension sorted on my E Revo and got it running nicely.... first proper run, on a grassy bank and not going mental and....

So dissapointed in this truck

Its getting rebuilt, sold and the moneys going into a 56XX motor for my X Maxx!

RC Qualifier
    I got some questions.... Did you take rear shocks out and put the screws for the shocks and rear brace back in? Or is that exactly how the car broke? I see chassis broken. But not sure of anything else..

It would be very odd if car broke exactly as in the picture or in half just like that... As I don't see how the shocks came out....

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

RC Qualifier
    No just the chasiss broke. It was held together by the shock screws and the rear brace. As soon as I tool the two shock screws out it fell into two

Parts broken. Chassis and centre skid

RC Qualifier
    Hmmmm……. Ive been tempted with an E-Revo just as something a little smaller then the XMaxx…... Now I'm thinking maybe I should stick with my XMaxx.....
    https://www.youtube.com/iftibashir

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by IftiBashir View Post
    Hmmmm……. Ive been tempted with an E-Revo just as something a little smaller then the XMaxx…... Now I'm thinking maybe I should stick with my XMaxx.....
    Thats what Im doing, Id love a rustler 4x4 to go with it...

Quote Originally Posted by Kpowell911 View Post
    Finally got the suspension sorted on my E Revo and got it running nicely.... first proper run, on a grassy bank and not going mental and....

The damage you show is not possible without extreme abuse, and certainly not in the manner you suggest it was run.
    I call shenanigans, and worse.
    Alt-248 on the number pad = °

I've sent my 2.0 big, and this never happened. I did break the chassis, but not to the extent shown here. I agree, something is missing from the story!

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
    Its alright son I'll fix it when you break it

RC Qualifier
    I do big air in mine as well. Perhaps screws were missing or something else to make this happen...

Perhaps just a bad chassis.. but without looking in detail on my car something else seems a miss.

I'd say just get another chassis and play hard.

RC Qualifier
    The truck had the rear brace installed from day one.

I was jumping on a grass mount around 4/5 foot in the air when I noticed the crack at the rear of the chassis so come home, I then noticed the centre skid was broken.

I undone the two screws securing the shocks and the 1 screw holding the rear brace when I got home and it fell into two.

Im going to give the benefit of the doubt that the damage was done previously, and this small jump simply finished it off.

Thats the whole story, I have no reasons to lie, I am a huge Traxxas fan and have been using their products since the Rustler came as a kit with a clear shell and MSC!

All the electrics, wheels & tyres have now been sold, the parts to repair are on their way and Ill rebuild it and sell the roller.
    Last edited by Kpowell911; 07-11-2019 at 03:17 PM.

RC Qualifier
    I don't think any of us were saying you were lieing just that it seemed like something else may of happened that lead up to the chassis breaking.

RC Qualifier
    I suggest going back to the stock rear brace and add the metal on top, when you remove the stock brace and go to just the metal one alone you go from 7 mounting points to 3.

here's what I did

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by billyg900 View Post
    I suggest going back to the stock rear brace and add the metal on top, when you remove the stock brace and go to just the metal one alone you go from 7 mounting points to 3.

here's what I did
    Thats a great idea TBH! Too late though as its mainly all sold! lol

RC Enthusiast

here's what I did
    i like this idea. Were you able to reuse the factory hardware?

RC Enthusiast
    Interested too, planning on doing it exactly this way.
    E-Revo 2.0
    E-Revo VXL Brushless 1/16

RC Qualifier
    Used longer screws and had to widen the holes in metal brace a little bit with a drill

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

RC Qualifier
    Metal over plastic. Nice work.
    Catch my videos at youtube.com/c/offworkhours

RC Qualifier
    Here is the actual damage

Back together now and going on eBay!

Sad to see you give up. All said and done, there's absolutely no way that chassis would break right there if everything was installed correctly and functioning properly. Unless you landed on a pointy rock from 20ft in the air directly on that spot of the chassis, the metal rear brace would absolutely not let that happen. Just remember, keep having fun!

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
    Its alright son I'll fix it when you break it

RC Qualifier
    I'm still trying to figure out how it broke like that without breaking a bulkhead. Did you put in the 2 screws holding the end of the bulkheads back in when you removed stock chassis brace? Did you use screws long enough to reach?
    Last edited by grizzly03; 07-20-2019 at 02:53 PM.

Part of it could be the tires your running. When I ran those on my ERBEv1 (RPM true-track, alloy P2 rockers, p2 rods), the tire tread and sidewall was so tall that the shocks would bottom out before the chassis was touching the ground. In my case, I snapped shock ends and push rod ends. Maybe your real fluke was that your pushrod ends and shock ends were too strong! Not being able to bottom out would flex the chassis near that area down, and with the rear brace, it would have little choice but to stretch in that area repeatedly and over time, break.

I really really want to put those tires on my ERBE now that I've converted to a v2... I miss the plush feeling they gave me on my v1. If I do, I'll perhaps lower the ride height via the push rod location.
    Expert rigging at it's best!

here's what I did
    Side note, what motor/esc are you running? 6S I'd assume.

RC Qualifier
    hey its a castle mamba monter esc, and thunder tiger 2000kv motor.
    works great I dont do any high speed stuff so I like the lower kv for more torque

RC Qualifier

here's what I did
    What size limiting straps do you use? They look very short.....
    https://www.youtube.com/iftibashir

hey its a castle mamba monter esc, and thunder tiger 2000kv motor.
    works great I dont do any high speed stuff so I like the lower kv for more torque
    No issues with those adapters? I don't get why they make some of those motor wires so stinking short. They tend to be a pain to solder to as well. At least the few I've extended/put ends on.

Guessing that's this one:
    https://www.dollarhobbyz.com/product...shless-motor-1

What gearing/tires you running?

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by Kpowell911 View Post

The xmaxx is way more indestructible!

Im giving up!

Not if you don’t assemble it correctly.
    Alt-248 on the number pad = °

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by olds97_lss View Post
    No issues with those adapters? I don't get why they make some of those motor wires so stinking short. They tend to be a pain to solder to as well. At least the few I've extended/put ends on.

Guessing that's this one:
    https://www.dollarhobbyz.com/product...shless-motor-1

What gearing/tires you running?
    im actually now using a torox8t 1950kv motor. i like it a little better than the ripper motor, about the same price too... Wires have been fine I only solder when i have to and its usually a mess, most times i get adapters on ebay.
    im running stock spur i think 54t and 16t pinion. I like the proline mx38 best for tires.

IftiBashir: I went with the 80mm straps figuring in room for stretching they give plenty of travel as is though. I also use aluminum rod ends on the suspension rods, so far many cartwheels and bad landings and not problems
    thesehttps://www.ebay.com/itm/2-6cm-Length-4pcs-M4-Aluminum-Alloy-Ball-Joints-for-RC-Car-Truck-Helicopter/162448809388?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid =p2057872.m2749.l2649