RC Competitor

E-Revo 2.0 batteries

Well, looks like everywhere is out of stock of SMC 3s 7200mAh's. SMC even took down the 7200's of their site. As seen in the picture, they cant supply them until August. Ive just bought a new Revo 2.0 nd I have no batteries for it .
    What are some comparable batteries (spec wise) to the SMC 3s 7200mAh 90C. Must be max 29mm tall?

Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk

You're going to be really hard pressed to find another 3s batteries with that much capacity that will still fit in the erevo. I don't like those 7200mah batteries, I think the erevo is kind of a pig, those giant batteries only make it worse. I switched back to the 4500mah and just bought more sets of those. With my charger setup I can charge a pair of the 4500mah in 8 minutes, and I only paid 37$ per battery at the time, so it was an easy decision. If you are stuck on that much mah you'll just have to dig and check dimensions.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by nickruger View Post
    You're going to be really hard pressed to find another 3s batteries with that much capacity that will still fit in the erevo. I don't like those 7200mah batteries, I think the erevo is kind of a pig, those giant batteries only make it worse. I switched back to the 4500mah and just bought more sets of those. With my charger setup I can charge a pair of the 4500mah in 8 minutes, and I only paid 37$ per battery at the time, so it was an easy decision. If you are stuck on that much mah you'll just have to dig and check dimensions.

What charger do you have? My charger still takes like 70 mins on my 4500 smc batteries.... Charges at like 3.5A. Says it's a 5A charger....
    My Merv smc 2500mah charge in about 27 mins

To OP
    Get the smc 4500 3s. They won't disappoint. Just get 2 sets
    One can be charging while playing with other.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Acidic01 View Post
    What charger do you have? My charger still takes like 70 mins on my 4500 smc batteries.... Charges at like 3.5A. Says it's a 5A charger....
    My Merv smc 2500mah charge in about 27 mins

To OP
    Get the smc 4500 3s. They won't disappoint. Just get 2 sets
    One can be charging while playing with other.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
    I have an iCharger 408 duo with a 1020watt power supply. I can charge at 40 amps on each channel if I wanted to. I charge my 9200mah 4s SMCs at 2c, so 18.4 amps and they are done in about 15 minutes. Really has changed the hobby for me. People look at a 300 or 400$ charging setup and scoff, for me it's been worth every penny. And I agree, multiple sets of the 4500mah are the way to go.

RC Champion
    Im running a Hota D6 DC charger with a P350 dc power supply. Can charge my SMC 4500s in 20ish minutes and my 7200s in 30ish mins. When I was trying to use an AC only Venom charger, it was taking all of 120 mins and then some to do the 7200s. A good DC power supply and capable charger made this hobby MUCH more enjoyable for me! I have about $250 total into my charging set up and well worth every penny!
    ABMods 3.3 Revo PE
    Jato 3.3
    Futaba 3PM

RC Champion
    Also SMC just released a new 5000 mah 3s lipo. This is in the same size hard case that the 4500s were offered in. So lil more mah and will easily fit out E Revos! Confirmed the size w Danny a few minutes ago.
    ABMods 3.3 Revo PE
    Jato 3.3
    Futaba 3PM

RC Enthusiast
    Seems I have a lot to learn here. I just use Traxxas ID 5,000 mAh 3S LiPo’s with the Traxxas ID Dual Peak charger. What are the reasons for using other brand batteries? Is it mainly cost?

Cheers,
    Delirious.

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by Delirious View Post
    Seems I have a lot to learn here. I just use Traxxas ID 5,000 mAh 3S LiPo痴 with the Traxxas ID Dual Peak charger. What are the reasons for using other brand batteries? Is it mainly cost?

Cheers,
    Delirious.
    SMC's are less expensive, better quality, higher run times, MUCH higher discharge rate, etc.
    There are many brands other than traxxas that are better, but, the new traxxas batteries have improved on build quality and warranty.

Eg. Gens Ace, Maxamps, Venom, etc.

Also, you dont really have options for different connectors on traxxas ID batteries due to the integrated balance connector

Quote Originally Posted by Delirious View Post
    Seems I have a lot to learn here. I just use Traxxas ID 5,000 mAh 3S LiPo痴 with the Traxxas ID Dual Peak charger. What are the reasons for using other brand batteries? Is it mainly cost?

Cheers,
    Delirious.
    I知 moving to another brand like SMC because I have had 4 Traxxas 5,000 mAh 3S LiPo puff on me. And I take care of my batteries and also have their dual peak charger too. Traxxas does replace them but I知 getting sick of having to wait for the shipping to and from Traxxas and having to pay for shipping. So I知 on my last 2 Traxxas batteries and moving to SMC soon.

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by ZUMA View Post
    I知 moving to another brand like SMC because I have had 4 Traxxas 5,000 mAh 3S LiPo puff on me. And I take care of my batteries and also have their dual peak charger too. Traxxas does replace them but I知 getting sick of having to wait for the shipping to and from Traxxas and having to pay for shipping. So I知 on my last 2 Traxxas batteries and moving to SMC soon.
    Ive also had a couple older traxxas 5000's puff (really bad) to the point where they had to be kept in the freezer in fear of them bursting.

Supposedly the new batteries are made with different cells, and wont puff up. We had a traxxas rep come in to the LHS and he brought a fresh batch of batteries. I scooped a couple up for a good deal for my new Revo. I trust his word they wont puff! Also they had serial numbers on the end, easier to deal with warranty if anything were to happen.

RC Competitor
    I run Hobby Star 6200mah 50c batteries in my 2.0. They fit pretty good. A little loose but fit well.

Quote Originally Posted by Paultro84 View Post
    I run Hobby Star 6200mah 50c batteries in my 2.0. They fit pretty good. A little loose but fit well.
    I run the same in mine, but the the MXL-6S. My v2 was a roller that I transferred stuff over from my v1 so I could start running 6S without worrying about the diffs/axles anymore.

I use the same packs in my outcast (blx185/2050kv) and my savage flux with the mmx/2200kv system in it.

They seem to perform just as good as the SMC 7400 2S packs as far as temp/punch and charging is concerned. I also got some HRB 5000mah 50C packs that I ran in it. They don't run as long and for the last 2 minutes or so, they really feel "soft" regarding punch.

If you get the HS on sale at rcjuice.com, you can get them for $40 a piece. Really good packs at $50, but great at $40.
    Expert rigging at it's best!