Thread: E-Revo Newbie

RC poster

E-Revo Newbie

Hey all, first post as a new E-Revo owner. So far love the car, but I am running into low voltage issues.

The dealer sold be Lectron Pro 3S batteries and a Ultra Power UP200 Duo charger. He set proper settings (LiPo Balance, 5.0A, 11.1V 3S) and the batteries only charged the first time within the time limit. Since I have had one battery that will not balance charge in the time limit and the other seemed OK.

Last even I had truck outside, did one pull on a private road and the car went into 50% mode for voltage. So I brought batteries in, put them on a fill discharge only for them to hit the time limit on discharge. I then tried doing a balance charge and one hit time limit the other states over charge capacity limit.

I plan to call dealer today, but I wanted to make sure I am not doing something wrong with the LiPos. I have yet to be able to run these batteries for more then 10 minutes before I hit a voltage issue. I just bought the truck last week, so really do not have much time on it.

Any guidance is appreciated. I will be calling dealer today too.

Brian
    (katch22outdoors)

RC Qualifier
    I have same kind of issue with my lectron 3s batters. 50c if on street doing wot runs it will hit lvc immediately. On a full charge.

If I'm on grass dirt ect. No issues. But street. Hit lvc every time I went wot.

If can return them have lhs get you a different brand, do that. They don't seem to be able to have the current draw needed for this car. If won't exchange just know use those for dirt.

I got some smc 90c 3s batteries. Way better. Longer play time,. Car goes faster. And I think I paid less for them than the lectrons

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

RC Qualifier
    As said the batteries are falling below the LVC cutoff when a load is applied. With that said, like above post states, see if your LHS will take them back or at least give you some credit toward a better set. Also as stated above, SMC are what I would recommend. Great batteries and also good CS. Price isnít bad either. If your LHS wonít order them, see if you can get your money back on the ones you have now and then go to SMC website and order some.

RC poster
    So dealer took the batteries and charger back, only to find out the batteries are fine and charged just fine on other chargers they had. So decided to provide me with a new charger, same brand.

Ran batteries Saturday, all good. Charged batteries Sunday, same settings as before (5.0A, 11.1V3S) and this time it took just over 90 minutes to charge, but they finished as expected.

Ran car Sunday evening and all seemed well. Actually got 45+ minutes out of the batteries, but not much WOT running. Also installed WIFI module and linked to phone before running.

Left batteries/car cool overnight Sunday and Monday evening put them on a Lipo Balance charge as I did Sunday. 62 minutes into the charge, both batteries were stopped with a message "Over Charge Capacity Limit". WTH

So later that evening I decided to put them in the car and try it out. One WOT run and car hit 50% LV. I ran car for a bit, but it never hit LVC. I decided to stop and I will take it all back to dealer tonight.

I highly doubt he will refund my money for everything (its only been two weeks though), but I may suggest he give me my money back for batteries and charger so I can go buy another brand (he only sells Lectron Pro batteries).