RC poster

Tires for slash... Help!!

Does anyone know can i put 3.8" Proline Trenchers on my Slash? and by fit i mean the hex adapter size mine is 12mm but i can figure out what the Prolines are.

Wheel offset and tire diameter may be an issue. Standard sc tires are roughly 4-1/4" tall, so at 6.65" tall and basically 4" wide and a 1/2" offset, the larger ones will probably rub the chassis, both front and rear without even steering. Not sure if running the wide arms would help, either. 17 mm hex adapters are readily available, but these will be heavy, so the rear axles and the steering servo will get a workout should you be able to shoe horn them on there. People run the 2.8s all day long for what its worth.

My 3.8 E-Maxx tires will not fit on my Slash at all, they hit the chassis before the hex even gets close to the wheel.

You really don't want that size of tires on a Slash, 2.8s are hard enough on the chassis, suspension, and motor.
    Submarine Qualified, Chief Inducted, Navy Retired

The bigger the wheel the more stress you put on the axles. I used some 3.8s but they kept bending axles (T=f*L). I wouldn't suggest that big of a wheel/tire with stock axles...bummer I know:

These were too big...but these:

are the perfect size IMHO.
    MTFBWY

If you're going to go 17mm hex with 2.8s, look at AE DB8 General Grabbers. I'll throw them on my Slash for a pic.

20190712_180013 by MAC FAB, on Flickr

20190712_175953 by MAC FAB, on Flickr
    Last edited by MAC FAB; 07-12-2019 at 08:44 PM.

RC Qualifier
    2.2 proline sand paws are great. all my cars have them, they dont balloon much , last a long time