RC Racer

Fast backslash!!

Currently have a back slash with a 2200kv setup on 4s. Revo slipper. I used to run just straight up buggy tires and this thing was fast but since I got Some grp road tires (1/8) the tires are now smaller and they dont balloon so I lost speed.

I'm already geared at 22/50. How high can I gear this with factory chassis (lcg)? I would run 6s but there's really no room for my 6s pack on this chassis..

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

RC Qualifier
    If you are looking for pure speed, I would look on eBay for a slipper eliminator and put in a revo 34t mod 1 spur.
    Then you should have more room for a larger pinion. I don't recall exactly what size works with the motor in the stock location, but should be enough room to get the car near 100mph

You can fit a 31T Mod1 spur. I think the largest pinion that can fit with that in the stock motor location is a 25T Mod1.

Good luck and have fun!
    Creativity is intelligence having fun. -Einstein

RC Racer
    I bought a 31t pinion to go with the 50t m0.8 spur.
    Is .08 the same as 32p?

I see traxxas sells some metric pitch 1.0. I could probably use one of these and buy a mod 1 pinion to go with it. If this works? I'd have to figure out gear ratios I'm sure going to a different pitch changes it

Last edited by jake414; 07-14-2019 at 07:41 PM.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by LibertyMKiii View Post
    If you are looking for pure speed, I would look on eBay for a slipper eliminator and put in a revo 34t mod 1 spur.
    Then you should have more room for a larger pinion. I don't recall exactly what size works with the motor in the stock location, but should be enough room to get the car near 100mph
    Can I still run the revo spur without the slipper eliminator?

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by Squeegie View Post
    You can fit a 31T Mod1 spur. I think the largest pinion that can fit with that in the stock motor location is a 25T Mod1.

Good luck and have fun!
    I meant to quote you.. see above

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by jake414 View Post
    Can I still run the revo spur without the slipper eliminator?
    Yes you can, and if noise is of any concern the plastic revo spur runs very quiet.