Thread: No foams

RC Qualifier

No foams

Just curious, has anybody tried to run the badlands without foams in them?
    Mine are apart right now and the thought crossed me mine.
    They are stiff enough right?

Thoughts?

RC Competitor
    Well, I'm pretty sure that would be a mistake when it comes to jumping and bashing. The cushion they provide would be nonexistent, but no I have not tried it.
    His Glory Alone all the way to the grave.

You can only get away with that with lighter smaller scale vehicles, or larger scale vehicles with wheels that hold air pressure. Or, a tire fashioned after a "run flat" type setup.
    Last edited by ReglarGuy; 07-13-2019 at 03:16 AM.
    The ReglarGuy is kid tested and father approved.

RC Qualifier
    So I tried it and it seems to be working out well. The mx43 is stiffl enough to hold the max.
    The tires are a little bit softer in the center. And it seems to work out really well actually because at medium to high speed going over a dirt parking lot the tires will absorb a bump a little more, like going over a rock the size of a golf ball. They act a little more like the stock tires. They still have a zero ballooning affect.

When Iím just cruising around a paved parking lot or over the lawn I cannot tell a difference

I like it

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowcrossmxz View Post
    So I tried it and it seems to be working out well. The mx43 is stiffl enough to hold the max.
    The tires are a little bit softer in the center. And it seems to work out really well actually because at medium to high speed going over a dirt parking lot the tires will absorb a bump a little more, like going over a rock the size of a golf ball. They act a little more like the stock tires. They still have a zero ballooning affect.

When I’m just cruising around a paved parking lot or over the lawn I cannot tell a difference

I like it
    Let us know how the wheels hold up....

RC Qualifier
    so far so good, 5-6 packs in.
    my rear diff has started clicking a bit under hard accel. I think the ring gear and diff cup screws have loosened a small bit.
    so the maxx is down for the count until I get a minute to pull out the diff and inspect it.

the tires act like they are "aired down" slightly. like for beach driving and 4wd crawling.

RC Qualifier
    Another check-in.
    The tires and wheels are holding up great. No issues.