Thread: LCG chassis

RC Competitor

LCG chassis

I run my 2WD Slash up and down a paved but rough road. Do some Detours through the front yard and some mild jumps. Just how much would the LCG frame improve the handling overall but nor take away any off road aspects? Thanks.

The lcg chassis does absolutely fine in extreme off road situations. You actually dont loose any ground clearance, there's nothing to loose and all to gain.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
    Last edited by FnFancy; 07-13-2019 at 06:34 PM.
    Its alright son I'll fix it when you break it

RC Competitor
    Why is the Slash not built with this from the git go if its so good? I've learned to handle mine box stock pretty well but thats just me. Others may have a harder time with the stock chassis.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by Ranch Ranger View Post
    Why is the Slash not built with this from the git go if its so good? I've learned to handle mine box stock pretty well but thats just me. Others may have a harder time with the stock chassis.
    Mechanically I think the HCG 2wd slash is closer to the stampede than anything else. My theory is that at the time, had they come out with LCG off the bat, people would have complained they just stretched a Rustler and were being lazy, plus HCG does give better realism for leans during cornering, and in my experience it gets back on it’s feet better when you do roll the car. But the slash is different enough from the stampede that no one can accuse them of being lazy.

Props to Traxxas to keep as many common parts as possible so you can convert an older slash to lcg for 35 bucks, unlike some companies *cough proline associated etc cough* that discontinue parts as fast as they make them.... the snobs keep harping and wonder why people stick to traxxas, well turns out normal people like to keep their rc cars for more than a few seasons.
    Last edited by TwoBelugas; 07-15-2019 at 03:02 PM.

RC Racer
    I just converted my rustler to a slash lcg (for 2 more inches of wheelbase, didnt affect ground clearance or center of gravity much if at all) and love it. no more wheelies, and it jumped way better. I love it even more since I slammed the suspension and turned it into an on road basher/slasher. Now that it is slammed it is a monster, until the air gets under the body and parachutes it 5 or 10 feet in the air at 50 mph. I don't even really need the wheelie bars yet with 28/83 gearing and 3s, was just hoping it would help with parachuting

All of that was before the new body mounts for better aero adjustments, grp wheels and 17mm hex's 2 days ago, and hot racing sway bars that I put in yesterday. I was letting loctite cure to test tonight but rain is moving in.

Last edited by fozzy71; 07-15-2019 at 05:45 PM.

When I first started with my 2wd slash, I flipped it all the time. Then upgraded the motor and esc to a hand me down vxl-3s system and couldn't keep from spinning uncontrollably for the life of me. Fast forward a couple few years and a hcg 2wd slash I was able to keep on its feet, and keep her going forward instead of circles. Moral of the story, yes driving skill plays a huge part in being able to have fun with a hcg 2wd slash. Double so when you're running brushless power. The lcg chassis helps keep the car planted, but on high traction surfaces it will still roll. For the 2wd slash I won't hesitate to recommend the lcg chassis as an upgrade no matter what the intended use is. 4wd is a different matter though, a lot of time money and effort went into my 4wd to get the lcg chassis to jump the way I wanted it to, in the end I sold it and built a hcg 4wd from spare parts that is very enjoyable. The 2wd (which by the time I parted with it was a complete monster) I was sad to see it go. Low and behold I bought another 2wd slash and just converted it to a lcg chassis.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
    Its alright son I'll fix it when you break it

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Ranch Ranger View Post

Some versions come with the LCG chassis I believe.