RC Enthusiast

getting the spartan back out on the water

Ok guys i have a spartan i bought new after killing the motor i upgraded not 100% sure to what its been a while but its red and i believe 180 was somewhere in the name. long story short is it worked but once in awhile when plugging in the batteries it just wouldn't work and sometimes it would so it sat on the shelf for over a year now i'm back at it again and have good batteries plugged in and it blinks a few times beeps at me and nothing happens afterwards. can anyone help me with a start up procedure or a link to diagnosing it...thanks Chris

With a 180 in your ESC's name, it sound like it must be an after market ESC. If true and if Traxxas allows the discussion, a person would have to know the name of your ESC before they could even think about helping you.
    The ReglarGuy is kid tested and father approved.

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by ReglarGuy View Post
    With a 180 in your ESC's name, it sound like it must be an after market ESC. If true and if Traxxas allows the discussion, a person would have to know the name of your ESC before they could even think about helping you.

Ok so i was able to find some old discussion on this form from years ago and someone recommended Off shore electronics so i checked them out and they had a motor combo that fit right in stocks place with no mods needed.....
    Last edited by Double G; 07-15-2019 at 09:40 PM.

You'll need to contact the manufacturer of that non-Traxxas brand product. They should be able to provide support for their items.
    The Super Derecho