Thread: TRX4 Blazer

RC poster

Question TRX4 Blazer

Hi, I'm new here so I hope I'm posting in the right place.

I have become really interested in the TRX4 Blazer, and I like the features it has (two speed transmission, remote control lockers). I wanted to get some feedback from the folks who own one.
    I've read a lot of positive reviews and it seems like a lot of fun.

Any opinions on this one? Any recommended upgrades, and why?

RC poster
    I have a bronco, lots of fun. Buy it run it dont get hung up on what you need to buy to make it work. A lot of people will tell you to upgrade servos etc dont do that. The plastic horn will strip first and they are what $6 each. We also have 4 x trx4 sports. And currently after three months of every weekend running it is only servo horns that have needed changing.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

RC Competitor
    I have both the Bronco (Sunburst) and the Blazer (orange and white). Both with light kits so they look pretty cool running at dusk. I did have to replace the servo on the Bronco about a year after getting it tho its not had that many runs on it and I baby them both. Traxxas sent me a freebie as a one time courtesy. Lots of fun tho so you won't be disappointed.

RC Enthusiast
    I became interested in the TRX-4 and have just ordered a Blazer. Was thinking of getting the Defender, but the Blazer looks so good. Should be here in a couple days. Might go ahead and order a couple extra servo horns just in case.

RC poster
    I just got the blazer as well... so far so good... watching that steering servo and horn. And let the mods begin!
    -Cory
    TRX4 Blazer. Still pretty much stock...

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Shivike View Post
    I have a bronco, lots of fun. Buy it run it dont get hung up on what you need to buy to make it work. A lot of people will tell you to upgrade servos etc dont do that. The plastic horn will strip first and they are what $6 each. We also have 4 x trx4 sports. And currently after three months of every weekend running it is only servo horns that have needed changing.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
    Your servo horns are stripping because you bought a FORD. Plain & simple. TRX4 has nothing to do with it. Besides the OP asked about the CHEVY BLAZER.......

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by Kizmatti View Post
    Your servo horns are stripping because you bought a FORD. Plain & simple. TRX4 has nothing to do with it. Besides the OP asked about the CHEVY BLAZER.......

What he said... !
    :P

RC Racer
    All jokes aside, TRX4 is an absolute blast, you wont be disappointed. Yes its possible your servo might last a while, but it, and the horn, are the biggest weakpoint. Just going by the odds, you will have to replace them at some point. If you upgrade right away, youll have a brand new backup. By right away i mean AFTER the 30 day warranty is up.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by Kizmatti View Post
    Wait, I thought that was Chivie? Fords steer into walls, curbs and crowds...at least the Mudtangs do anyway! LOL

Here's the body I'm eventually going to put on the Defender:

RC Competitor
    To continue the Ford vs Chevy debate, I've owned two Chevys and six Fords over the years. Take any or all issues I ever had with the six Fords, and the two Chevys had more than that double that amount in problems. So I'm Ford all the way. Naner!

RC poster
    I am interested in getting to a crawler and like the TRX sport. Should I upgrade to the Defender or Bronco? Are the extra's worth it to a beginner.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by Ted Bush View Post
    I am interested in getting to a crawler and like the TRX sport. Should I upgrade to the Defender or Bronco? Are the extra's worth it to a beginner.
    I initially was going to get the Tactical unit, but went with the Defender because of all the extra detail. I can buy a clear or prepainted tactical any time way cheaper than the Defender. Same could be said of the other two bodies, they are mostly Vacuum formed plastic whereas the Defender has a lot of add-ons. The Defender is more top heavy than the others so it all depends on your interests and goals...and budget.

RC Racer
    Ted, im guessing you wonder about the real cost adds, like unlocking diffs and two speed trans. If you are looking for a super realistic driving experience it is well worth the $extra$ . If you just want to get out and keep up with friends, or you arent totally sure if you want to get into crawling and the "scale" scene then the sport might suit you well. Im entertaining adding a sport to my lineup, just to keep the kids' hands off my bronco