Thread: My E-Revo

RC poster

My E-Revo

Hi people,

Iíve just purchased a E-Revo, brushed version and love it.
    Iíve bodged one of my car shells on there.

So whatís best to upgrade?
    I may convert it to brushless at some point but want to do some other bits first.

When people convert them do they use a single motor? Or put 2 brushless motors in?

Any help or advice is very much appreciated, Iím abit lost with these, Iím only used to 1/10 drift cars

RC Qualifier
    Youíll want a single brushless motor for a 1/8th size vehicle. Motor KV should be 2200kv or lower. The castle creations 1/8th scale setup is a good one to use. Plenty of tuning included if you get a castle link or field card. Here is a pic of the combo I speak of.
    This combo if you can get it, is perfect for the EREVO. Basically what comes in the brushless version. I think that traxxas is using their own brand now but the older original Erevo brushless used this combo with and older style ESC and a black motor of the same KV. At any rate, enjoy the truck, and upgrade as things break.

RC poster
    Where’s best place to get that combo from?

RC Qualifier
    You can try horizon hobbies, tower hobbies, castle creations website, eBay, Amazon. Just to name a few. There are other options as well. The 1800kv setup is a good one as well. Just have to gear up a bit more to get the same speed as you would with the 2200kv setup. Here are a couple. A new one and an original gen 1 that came in the original EREVO brushless.
    Found these with a quick search on eBay. There are many more. The price listed is the cheapest I found with a quick search. Hope this helps. There are other options by different companies, I prefer castle creations myself.