RC poster

Xmaxx receiver swap possible? Need to run Spektrum

Hello,

Found a great deal on a slightly used 8s Xmaxx that I could not pass up. I have several Traxxas cars, and control all of them with a Spektrum DX 6 remote (designed for airplanes). I do this because I am paralyzed from the chest down and have no hand or wrist function… I control the throttle and steering using one stick of the remote with a goalpost attached.

I have an E-Revo 2.0 and had no problem setting up the receiver, including driving both steering servos. However, when we opened up the Xmaxx, we were surprised to find the additional voltage and temperature sensors plugged into the receiver. I called Traxxas and they said the car will not run correctly without those plugged in.

Does anyone have any experience either integrating their Spektrum receiver OR replacing the ESC? Thank you in advance for any advice you can provide.

D

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by DCBpinball View Post
    Hello,

Found a great deal on a slightly used 8s Xmaxx that I could not pass up. I have several Traxxas cars, and control all of them with a Spektrum DX 6 remote (designed for airplanes). I do this because I am paralyzed from the chest down and have no hand or wrist function… I control the throttle and steering using one stick of the remote with a goalpost attached.

I have an E-Revo 2.0 and had no problem setting up the receiver, including driving both steering servos. However, when we opened up the Xmaxx, we were surprised to find the additional voltage and temperature sensors plugged into the receiver. I called Traxxas and they said the car will not run correctly without those plugged in.

Does anyone have any experience either integrating their Spektrum receiver OR replacing the ESC? Thank you in advance for any advice you can provide.

D
    You’d be looking at an esc swap, look at the Hobbywing Max5 or Max6. Hopefully your good deal can support a couple hundred dollars for the esc

Somehow builds are never done....

RC poster
    I went with the Max 6, thank you so much for the help! Yes, still a good deal even including the ESC. Now as long as I don't need anything else… Oh wait! LOL. Like you said, never really done…