Thread: Trenchers

Trenchers

I've been thinking about getting some trenchers, but I have a question. How fast do they wear on road? My stock tires are almost bald with about 10 runs in, probably because I run it on the road too much. If I got trenchers, I'd run it off road a lot more. Maybe Also, are there other good options to be considering?

I'm running stock gearing for now with 2s on the vxl system.
    I like free stuff!

RC Qualifier
    Trenchers take quite a while to wear down. Their tread life is very good. Don't hesitate to buy them.

Sent from my LM-G710VM using Tapatalk

Ok thanks! Couple more things, would it be a wise choice to get front offset instead of rear if I eventually do a wide mod? Wouldn't be for a while though. And is it common to wear out the stock tires pretty quick?
    I like free stuff!

For street application and for some little off road use, it's better to set up it narrower, this way the vehicle will provide better stability with less pitch movement as well as a better handling characteristic, however the front suspension will need to be set up accordingly.

With the wide mod, it's also possible to make tires rotation in a X manner to ensure an equilibrate tires wear.
    Good driver. Bad setup. Bad things will happen...

RC poster
    I'm in the process of fixing up my old Rustler for my son. I'm going to put the regular trenchers on the front and the new belted trenchers on the rear. The new proline raid wheels are adjustable for offset, but I'm doing the wide RPM arms along with front offset wheels all around. Should help with stability.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Sp2deSummit View Post
    Ok thanks! Couple more things, would it be a wise choice to get front offset instead of rear if I eventually do a wide mod? Wouldn't be for a while though. And is it common to wear out the stock tires pretty quick?
    The more well known slash monster truck builds use electric front/gas rear wheel/tire combos anyway. I use the same set up on rustlers. Its a little awkward though, the car is so light the trenchers seem to be as heavy as the rest of the car.

Quote Originally Posted by AK4900PA View Post
    I'm in the process of fixing up my old Rustler for my son. I'm going to put the regular trenchers on the front and the new belted trenchers on the rear. The new proline raid wheels are adjustable for offset, but I'm doing the wide RPM arms along with front offset wheels all around. Should help with stability.

Is it for mostly off road use..?

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by MECHANIC77 View Post
    Is it for mostly off road use..?
    Yes. Primarily grass and dirt.

With the wide mod, it's also possible to make tires rotation in a X manner to ensure an equilibrate tires wear.
    That's what I was aiming for, I don't need good road handling. I just make some passes up and down the street and maybe do some burnout type stuff Wouldn't do that with trenchers so I can make them last as long as possible. Besides maybe some decrease in handling on the road, would it work better off road? If so, I think I can get over the fact that they'd be too wide.

These are the fronts right? TRENCHERS
    I like free stuff!

Would it work better off road? If so, I think I can get over the fact that they'd be too wide.

These are the fronts right? TRENCHERS

The fact is that the wide mod will give some more plateful stability in a off road surface and a little better front tires grip on a soft / medium surface and it could make the difference between understeer / oversteer equilibrium but in the event that four wheels front off set is installed, the vehicle rear weight transfer will increased and it will offers less front handling during cornering acceleration.

Yes those one are a front set up... https://www.amazon.com/Proline-Trenc...FC1V5X5PGNDT2Z

Quote Originally Posted by AK4900PA View Post
    Yes. Primarily grass and dirt.

When we install the four wheels front off set setting with the RPM mod, we gain a little plateful stability but in the technicality of the thing, when we gain somewhere, we lose something in exchange, therefore the little stability increasement is traduce by some front tires grip lost, so for bashing in a soft and medium surface, I do recommend to install a front wheel off set and a rear off set in conjunction with the RPM mod.

It's well known that we have nothing without nothing... No pain no gain..!
    Last edited by MECHANIC77; 07-17-2019 at 12:06 PM.

The fact is that the wide mod will give some more plateful stability in a off road surface and a little better front tires grip on a soft / medium surface and it could make the difference between understeer / oversteer equilibrium but in the event that four wheels front off set is installed, the vehicle rear weight transfer will increased and it will offers less front handling during cornering acceleration.
    Ok, I'll be ordering some soon. Thanks!
    I like free stuff!

RC Racer
    +1 on the trenchers. Just put a set on my basher. Awesome for tearing up the front yard. Dirt, grass, mulch all over the place! I have to fix my yard, but my kids love it. Totally worth it. And I bought the set for$30 off Craigslist. Brand New. Guy accidentally ordered them and wasn't going to use them.

Hey guys, never ended up ordering trenchers, got sidetracked with work and forgot. How's that even possible? Anyway, just looked at my rusty and decided to get me my trenchers! Looked them up, and noticed these: LP Trenchers I like the look and idea of them

Thoughts anyone? Is there any possibility of these things breaking, or the hexes stripping out? If not, I will own some shortly
    Last edited by Sp2deSummit; 09-15-2019 at 10:48 PM.
    I like free stuff!

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Hey guys, never ended up ordering trenchers, got sidetracked with work and forgot. How's that even possible? Anyway, just looked at my rusty and decided to get me my trenchers! Looked them up, and noticed these: LP Trenchers I like the look and idea of them

Thoughts anyone? Is there any possibility of these things breaking, or the hexes stripping out? If not, I will own some shortly
    Theyre sweet. Id get the 17mm now though

Somehow builds are never done....

Perfect
    I like free stuff!

Got them! They are amazing so far! Haven't gotten a full run outta them yet though. Put them on my p2de for the moment.

I like free stuff!