RC poster

Tires not glued from factory? TSM problems. Multiple broken parts 3 days in.

I purchased a new Rustler vxl 3 days ago on Friday, and it has been one thing after another. I dont know what to think.
    One of the rear tires didn't have any glue on it at all and after a few hours getting used to my new car. I went to run it up to speed and the tire came off the rim and caused the car to flip and tumble breaking almost everything in the front end. Finally I put it back together and tried running it again to discover the tsm isn't working now. The multifunction knob now is controlling the steering rate./ or available angle of steering.
    My new car is now beat to crap and has multiple problems both mechanical and electrical.
    Steering trim has never been even close to correct. I have a good alignment now, but I still need to adjust the trim manually at the steering servo.
    I would have expected a better product out of the box from traxxas. Anyone else have similar issues with a new car.

RC Qualifier
    I personally haven’t had this level of problems with new . When I got my new Brushed Slash Dakar a few years ago, I had a servo fail within warranty and they replaced it. I would contact customer service and see what they have to say. It is a bad experience to have that level of defects in workmanship with a new model, especially when the core defect snowballs into breaking more stuff.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark85 View Post
    I purchased a new Rustler vxl 3 days ago on Friday, and it has been one thing after another. I dont know what to think.
    One of the rear tires didn't have any glue on it at all and after a few hours getting used to my new car. I went to run it up to speed and the tire came off the rim and caused the car to flip and tumble breaking almost everything in the front end.
    If you knew the tire wasn't glued why use the tire before it was glued or replaced? These are hobby grade vehicles and a quick check of your vehicle (Brakes,Steering,Suspension,Antenna and any loose parts) helps prevent these types of accidents.

Finally I put it back together and tried running it again to discover the tsm isn't working now. The multifunction knob now is controlling the steering rate./ or available angle of steering.
    My new car is now beat to crap and has multiple problems both mechanical and electrical.
    Steering trim has never been even close to correct. I have a good alignment now, but I still need to adjust the trim manually at the steering servo.
    Sounds like the Multi-Function knob was changed from TSM to a different function. In your manual it tells you how to change the Multi-Function knob to different functions. Or try resetting transmitter to factory defaults. Are you using Traxxas link?
    Also in the manual it states "Note: TSM must be completely turned off while adjusting steering trim"

I would have expected a better product out of the box from traxxas. Anyone else have similar issues with a new car.
    Sorry your having a bad experience.
    Complaining about a product where the issues could be a simple fix doesn't show a defect or lack of quality. Traxxas customer support has always been good for warranty issues. To me that shows they care about their products, not lack thereof.

RC Racer
    +1 on Traxxas customer service. They have always been great to me. Give them a call. I'm so sorry you're having trouble. It'll work out.