RC poster

TRX4 Sport light kit?

I am building a TRX4 sport kit and want to add the Traxxas #8085 light kit to it. The problem is that I am using a Hobbywing WP 1080 brushed esc and a Airtronics receiver. Does anyone know if I can still use the Traxxas kit? And how do I hook it up?

RC poster
    Did you manage to sort this out? Still need a hand?

RC Racer
    Hey PandaRC I could sure use a hand! I would like to know the simplest way to connect TRX-4 LED power supply to the Hobbywing 1080.

RC Qualifier
    Simplest way would be to add a jst connector to the battery connector and connect that to the power supply. If I remember right, the jst connector on the stock esc's output battery voltage so that should be fine.

RC Racer
    Thanks Perkul8r for the response. I figure I can use the HobbyStar Traxxas Connector with Inline JST FM Plug connected to the TRX 4 LED Power Supply . However, I can't tell by pics or find any info as to whether the TRX 4 Power Supply has a female or male JST connector. Does anyone know which one it has? Thanks!

RC Qualifier
    I do believe my xl-5 has a male jst connector on it. So it should be a female end on the led power supply.